Connecting an external HDD to 12gb super slim PS3

Found 26th Dec 2012
Hi guys. I'm tempted to get a superslim ps3 with my xmas fund, but i am slightly worried about going over the space limit. I dont play a huge amount of games, probably only fifa really. However, i do have a spare external harddrive knocking about - could i connect that via usb to increase the storage?

I know you can put an internal one into it, but i wouldnt need to buy one if external ones work.

Cheers for any help in advance!
Community Updates
6 Comments
External HDD can only be used for storage of video/photos/music.
It must be FAT32 format.

Edited by: "Andy@XCite" 26th Dec 2012
I might have a 40gb internel lieing around somewhere you can have for postage
Andy@XCite

External HDD can only be used for storage of video/photos/music.It must … External HDD can only be used for storage of video/photos/music.It must be FAT32 format.

Right so that means that you ould have to take apart the playstation. Does this void your warranty?

Fattyuk - i may take you up on that yet!
IrnDew1988

Right so that means that you ould have to take apart the playstation. … Right so that means that you ould have to take apart the playstation. Does this void your warranty?Fattyuk - i may take you up on that yet!

No it doesnt void your warranty
IrnDew1988

Right so that means that you ould have to take apart the playstation. … Right so that means that you ould have to take apart the playstation. Does this void your warranty?Fattyuk - i may take you up on that yet!

The PS3 (all models) have been designed so the HDD can easily be replaced.
You need to buy 2.5" internal drive.

Also the 12GB model doesn't have a HDD caddy so you may want to consider purchasing one (£8 from HMV or £10 from Amazon). Without a caddy the drive won't be fixed securely inside the PS3.
Thanks guys! Sounds like it should be fairly easy to do anyway! Think i may just go for it then!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions