Connecting flights question.

Found 5th Aug 2017
I'm looking at the current delays in European airports. I was just wondering, if you fly from England to USA with one connecting stop at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, will you get delayed? I'm thinking if you aren't actually leaving the airport and going into France, then you won't have to go through immigration, which is where the delays are?
Has anyone done this? I'm a bit concerned because we only have a 59 minute layover before the 2nd leg of the flight leaves.
Ta.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I reckon it should be fine, but as always it's best to contact the airport/plane corporation you're flying with
I've flown to America via Charles de Gaulle . Once you are checked in, you are air side so immigration does not apply. I've done a number of flights with stop overs and that has always been the case. Different obviously if the stop over is a day or so but you should be fine. Enjoy your trip
psychobitchfromhell53 s ago

I've flown to America via Charles de Gaulle . Once you are checked in, you …I've flown to America via Charles de Gaulle . Once you are checked in, you are air side so immigration does not apply. I've done a number of flights with stop overs and that has always been the case. Different obviously if the stop over is a day or so but you should be fine. Enjoy your trip

With all due respect, thank you You've put my mind at rest.
deeky7 m ago

With all due respect, thank you You've put my mind at rest.

Love you
Look up the term Minimum Connection Time on the website of the airline you are flying with. This is the industry wide agreed minimum times that you should use when being sold a ticket with a change of aircraft. This assumes that the route is on one ticket or booking.
I'd say that 59 mins is tight at CDG if you have to change terminals. If you do have to, research how to get from one to the other. Your bags may or may not make it as they have to go through the baggage transfer system, but will follow you on the next flight, again assuming you are ticketed all the way through.
As an example, below is the recommended MCT for pax passing through CDG from the CDG website.
Minimum transfer time recommended by ″easyCDG″ :
60 minutes intra terminal 1/2/3
75 minutes between terminals 1 and 2
90 minutes between terminals 1/2 and terminal 3
airbus3301 h, 41 m ago

Look up the term Minimum Connection Time on the website of the airline you …Look up the term Minimum Connection Time on the website of the airline you are flying with. This is the industry wide agreed minimum times that you should use when being sold a ticket with a change of aircraft. This assumes that the route is on one ticket or booking. I'd say that 59 mins is tight at CDG if you have to change terminals. If you do have to, research how to get from one to the other. Your bags may or may not make it as they have to go through the baggage transfer system, but will follow you on the next flight, again assuming you are ticketed all the way through.As an example, below is the recommended MCT for pax passing through CDG from the CDG website.Minimum transfer time recommended by ″easyCDG″ :• 60 minutes intra terminal 1/2/3• 75 minutes between terminals 1 and 2• 90 minutes between terminals 1/2 and terminal 3

Thanks for that. We arrive at terminal 2E and depart from 2F, it's as close as you can get I think. I can't find the minimum connection times but I should hope it's enough. I would hope that the search sites take connection times into account when giving you flight times and prices.
Edited by: "deeky" 5th Aug 2017
I remember about ten years ago getting a plane from new York to Manchester via paris. We arrived about eight in the morning and the flight out was about two in the afternoon. We joined the queue to transfer from one terminal to the next but a well meaning security guard took pity on us (me, young child and elderly mother) and fast tracked us to the very front. I didn't have the heart to tell him we had hours to kill and were quite happy to dawdle away the time .
Went to India recently and used the same carrier throughout had a stop over in Mumbai and as it was so short they were calling those on the connecting flight to Ahmedabad to come to the front of the queue. We had to go through security checks but I don't think we did immigrating although I honestly can't remember. No idea if it differs in Europe.
Enjoy your trip hopefully it'll all go smoothly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants