Connecting iPhone to USB B peripherals

Posted 19th Jul
I am trying to connect an iPhone to (musical) peripherals, which have USB B ports.

What is the best way of doing this? I have lightning to USB A male cable, and USB B male to USB A male.

Can I simply connect these two with USB A female to female, or do I have to buy apple.com/uk/…ter or something ? Or if someone knows of a decent straight lightning to USB B. I couldn't find one.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Normally to connect a phone with a Micro-B port you'd need an OTG adaptor, and the type C connector has it built in so you'd just use a normal cable. But obviously we're dealing with Apple so finding that information for the lightning connector is tricky.

Looking up other USB peripherals suggest that the lighting to USB camera adapter may be functioning as a OTG adapter, but there are very mixed reports of it working which suggests that support may vary between different models of phone and tablet.
EndlessWaves19/07/2020 11:26

Normally to connect a phone with a Micro-B port you'd need an OTG adaptor, …Normally to connect a phone with a Micro-B port you'd need an OTG adaptor, and the type C connector has it built in so you'd just use a normal cable. But obviously we're dealing with Apple so finding that information for the lightning connector is tricky. Looking up other USB peripherals suggest that the lighting to USB camera adapter may be functioning as a OTG adapter, but there are very mixed reports of it working which suggests that support may vary between different models of phone and tablet.

Thanks for this.
I had no idea about OTG. So my idea of just connecting the two cables I already have with a usb female to female coupler isn't going to work, then?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants