Found 22nd Aug 2007
Hi All

Is there such thing as a red/yellow to red/yellow wire connection?

My hifi has a free red/yellow slot, as does my LCD.

Would this allow sound from my LCD to come out of my HiFi speakers? The reason Id like to do this is because it has a subwoofer.

Thanks

9 Comments

Well, normally the yellow connection would be a video connection (albeit rubbish). You could just plug in a standard red/white to red white pair of RCA leads as it will still transmit the signal.

Are there no markings on the tv telling you what the connections are, and if they're outputs or inputs?

Original Poster

MBeeching

Well, normally the yellow connection would be a video connection (albeit … Well, normally the yellow connection would be a video connection (albeit rubbish). You could just plug in a standard red/white to red white pair of RCA leads as it will still transmit the signal.Are there no markings on the tv telling you what the connections are, and if they're outputs or inputs?

O ****, my mistake, red and white i mean! Typo lol. Red and white to red and white

Original Poster

Also, the red and white says output on my LCD

Well as long as the ones on the TV are outputs and the ones on the Hi-FI are inputs it should work fine. Plug them in and see!

Original Poster

MBeeching

Well as long as the ones on the TV are outputs and the ones on the Hi-FI … Well as long as the ones on the TV are outputs and the ones on the Hi-FI are inputs it should work fine. Plug them in and see!

The red and white on the hifi say AUX, that mean anything to you? I currently use this as a red/white to 3.5mm to connect to laptop, would be much better if I can get it on TV, as I can just display the laptop and the LCD and play from there! Saves hassle from switching wires, plus the wire is tiny

Mbeeching is spot on, this is what you're looking for:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/300/rw50_2003.jpg

John

Original Poster

Great stuff, thanks Mr MBeeching.

Thanks for the confirmation John.

Can now watch my DVD froms the laptop with a bit of ooomph

Have repped, gotta invest in these wires now

Deal4Me

Great stuff, thanks Mr MBeeching.Thanks for the confirmation John.Can now … Great stuff, thanks Mr MBeeching.Thanks for the confirmation John.Can now watch my DVD froms the laptop with a bit of ooomph :)Have repped, gotta invest in these wires now

Maplin is your best bet for those

Yep, that's where I nabbed the pic from - don't let Dixons or similar fleece you for a daft amount of money.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247669
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…57120
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769607
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314661

See more discussions