Groups

COnnecting LCD TV to HI-FI speakers

Im assuming this is possible?

Anybody know how to go about this? Im guessing a wire between the TV and HiFi system? What wire?

Thanks IA

4 Comments

Hi deal4me,

There are three possible for you to connect your tv to your hifi.

1) connect via an optical cable such as
    tvcables.co.uk/cgi…tml

2) connect via a 3.5mm-phono (using headphone socket) such as
    tvcables.co.uk/cgi…tml

3) connect via a phono-phono such as
    tvcables.co.uk/cgi…tml

You ought to be able to connect your tv with one of these options. I connect using an optical out - although my tv is very new, so this option depends on how new your tv is.

I'm not recommending the above cables or this retailer above others - I'm simply suggesting the type of connectors you will need. As with any tv/ audio product, some say you should spend lots - while others say it's all hype. The decision...is yours!

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Hi

Thanks for that, I had an idea about option 2, but strangely, my LCD doesn't have a headphone socket unless im missing it?! Its quite a new Samsung LCD aswell. Theres one jack which seems to fit, but the TV audio does not come out on the speakers, however other external devices such as MP3 player and laptop does work.

Strange?

Have repped you TY

have you checked out the specifications of your tv on the samsung webpage - it ought to clarify what options you have?

worth a go i'm sure...

Original Poster

Can confirm, there is a headphone socket. When connected to the hifi, the TV sound does not come out the speakers!

But I have now used this cable to connect to the lappy
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions