Connecting netbook to tv?!!!

Found 15th Jun 2012
I watch lovefilm on my bluray player connected in my living room. I'd also like to be able to watch it on the tv in my bedroom. I have a ipad2 and samsung n150 netbook....will either of these connect to a hd tv and if so what cables do I need? The netbook doesn't have an hdmi port.

I've looked online but there are so many different answers I've given up!

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscLaptopTV & Video
21 Comments
Monitor lead.
It's a black wire with blue ends.
http://www.eyesoft.co.uk/ebay/vga/8009331_MV.jpg
If your tv has a vga input then just connect the netbook to the tv using a vga to vga cable
It won't connect the sound though, that will just play out of the laptop.

Unless you plug the laptop into external speakers?
livefortheweekends

It's a black wire with blue ends.

lol and what about sound?

or you think those microscopic speakers on netbook will be enough?
If your tv has a vga input then just connect the netbook to the tv using a vga to vga cable
Someone told me that you can do headphone jack to headphone jack?

I've been using external speakers.
livefortheweekends

Someone told me that you can do headphone jack to headphone jack?I've … Someone told me that you can do headphone jack to headphone jack?I've been using external speakers.

so one cable from netbook to TV and another one from netbook to external speakers (cannot use tv remote to regulate is a bonus), which the OP doesn't have.

now, that's clever.
how about something like this?

http://cdn-images.sewelldirect.com/products/SW-13219/SW-13219.jpg
livefortheweekends

how about something like this?

better but still

HDMI digital > VGA analogue, detto with sound

the audio and video connections might be too far apart on specific TVs, so might not work
Edited by: "kunyk" 15th Jun 2012
Thanks everyone! Right so I've checked, the tv has the small scart looking socket as well (I'm assuming that's called a VGA?!!)

So I get a VGA to VGA cable....what do I need for sound through the tv?!
chunky

Thanks everyone! Right so I've checked, the tv has the small scart … Thanks everyone! Right so I've checked, the tv has the small scart looking socket as well (I'm assuming that's called a VGA?!!)So I get a VGA to VGA cable....what do I need for sound through the tv?!

check posts #5 and #12

there are your solutions, one for ipad, another one for netbook.

Sorry I'm too thick to know what this is!! Could you please explain more...it sound good!

kunyk

better but stillHDMI digital VGA analogue, detto with soundthe audio and … better but stillHDMI digital > VGA analogue, detto with soundthe audio and video connections might be too far apart on specific TVs, so might not work

chunky

Sorry I'm too thick to know what this is!! Could you please explain … Sorry I'm too thick to know what this is!! Could you please explain more...it sound good!

quality of picture and sound is better when using HDMI cable - in your case HDMI adapter on ipad.

Thanks, I don't think love film plays through tv so I'll need to scrap that. Any idea what the post 12 cable is called?!

Thanks

kunyk

check posts #5 and #12 there are your solutions, one for ipad, another … check posts #5 and #12 there are your solutions, one for ipad, another one for netbook.

chunky

Thanks, I don't think love film plays through tv so I'll need to scrap … Thanks, I don't think love film plays through tv so I'll need to scrap that. Any idea what the post 12 cable is called?!Thanks

sewelldirect.com/PTC…asp

Thanks v v much:)

kunyk

http://sewelldirect.com/PTC-25ft-Premium-Shielded-UL-Listed-VGA-SVGA-Plus-Audio-35mm-2-in-1-Cable.asp

You can plug your ipad via hdmi and pc via vga. The vga is certainly the cheaper option...
ei8hty5ive

You can plug your ipad via hdmi and pc via vga. The vga is certainly the … You can plug your ipad via hdmi and pc via vga. The vga is certainly the cheaper option...

you came in too late and failed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants