Connecting soundbar to projector

Posted 20th Dec 2019Edited by:"brubuddy"
Moved house last week and it came with an Epson XB-41 projector, they also left a bose solo soundbar as well. The question i have is how do i connect tge soundbar to the projector.
They had the soundbar connected to their sky box (which they took) and had sound via that. I don't watch live tv and just watch netflix/prime or catchup, so my firestick is plugged into the hdmi port of the projector.
the projector has usb (that powers firestick) audio port (red and white) Video port (yellow). The soundbar has aux, optical and coaxial(red) ports.
Could anyone here point me in the right direction of the cable that i require, would also need to be pretty long (at least 3 meters).
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
You need the red/white to aux ebay.co.uk/itm…864?epid=1139615274&hash=item41b59b82a8:g:27AAAOSwykpcf7J~
I can't see any reference to an Epson XB-41 online. Is it the EB-X41?

If so then the audio connections on that appear to be an input for using the projector's built in speakers, not an output for audio from other inputs.

You'd need to plug the firestick into a device that splits the audio and video. The fancy ones are marketed under the name AV Receiver and come with lots of other features but you can get single purpose devices called things like HDMI Audio Extractor.

I'd suggest an optical S/PDIF version rather than an analogue one if you go down that route, assuming a sub-5m cable is OK. Bear in mind they're largely unpolished devices from chinese brands so while they'll give you the basics don't expect them to be entirely flawless for things like reliably transmitting surround sound signals.
EndlessWaves20/12/2019 23:52

I can't see any reference to an Epson XB-41 online. Is it the EB-X41?If so …I can't see any reference to an Epson XB-41 online. Is it the EB-X41?If so then the audio connections on that appear to be an input for using the projector's built in speakers, not an output for audio from other inputs.You'd need to plug the firestick into a device that splits the audio and video. The fancy ones are marketed under the name AV Receiver and come with lots of other features but you can get single purpose devices called things like HDMI Audio Extractor.I'd suggest an optical S/PDIF version rather than an analogue one if you go down that route, assuming a sub-5m cable is OK. Bear in mind they're largely unpolished devices from chinese brands so while they'll give you the basics don't expect them to be entirely flawless for things like reliably transmitting surround sound signals.

Sorry to hijack the thread but you seem to know your audio stuff.
I have a Samsung hw-ms650 soundbar. It's brilliant but would like to add some speakers.
Am I just stuck with buying Samsung swa 9000s speakers.
Can I add other speakers that will pair.
adamderak21/12/2019 02:02

Sorry to hijack the thread but you seem to know your audio stuff.I have a …Sorry to hijack the thread but you seem to know your audio stuff.I have a Samsung hw-ms650 soundbar. It's brilliant but would like to add some speakers.Am I just stuck with buying Samsung swa 9000s speakers.Can I add other speakers that will pair.

If you post a picture of the connections on the back of your soundbar that would be extremely helpful.
adamderak21/12/2019 02:02

Sorry to hijack the thread but you seem to know your audio stuff.I have a …Sorry to hijack the thread but you seem to know your audio stuff.I have a Samsung hw-ms650 soundbar. It's brilliant but would like to add some speakers.Am I just stuck with buying Samsung swa 9000s speakers.Can I add other speakers that will pair.

That soundbar will only work with Samsung’s rear speakers.
GRSC21/12/2019 12:49

That soundbar will only work with Samsung’s rear speakers.

Any Samsung speakers or only the swa 9000
Just those 9000 speakers, looked at this couple of weeks back for someone.
Well, it's possible you can only connect those additional speakers into the soundbar - especially if it's a wireless setup. However, you can always put something like an AV Receiver before the soundbar so you're only feeding it the signal for the front speakers and then connect the rear speakers seperately.
EndlessWaves20/12/2019 23:52

I can't see any reference to an Epson XB-41 online. Is it the EB-X41?If so …I can't see any reference to an Epson XB-41 online. Is it the EB-X41?If so then the audio connections on that appear to be an input for using the projector's built in speakers, not an output for audio from other inputs.You'd need to plug the firestick into a device that splits the audio and video. The fancy ones are marketed under the name AV Receiver and come with lots of other features but you can get single purpose devices called things like HDMI Audio Extractor.I'd suggest an optical S/PDIF version rather than an analogue one if you go down that route, assuming a sub-5m cable is OK. Bear in mind they're largely unpolished devices from chinese brands so while they'll give you the basics don't expect them to be entirely flawless for things like reliably transmitting surround sound signals.

It is eb-X41. was hoping for jusst a cable due to weight issues. Can you link to audio extractor pllease. Don't need brilliant audio just somethinh better than thd tinny sound of the projector speaker.
Arto20/12/2019 23:13

You need the red/white to aux …You need the red/white to aux https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Twin-Red-White-2-x-RCA-PHONO-to-Stereo-3-5mm-Mini-Jack-STEREO-Audio-Aux-Cable/282219741864?epid=1139615274&hash=item41b59b82a8:g:27AAAOSwykpcf7J~

Found a wire like that (knew i had those but couln't find it right away, joys of moving) and no joy, wouldn't work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants