connecting soundbar to ps4 and tv

Found 31st Dec 2015
Can I connect a soundbar with optical connection only to a ps4 and a tv in such a way that I can use it for both watching tv and playing ps4 games without changing cables ? I.E connecting the ps4 to tv with hdmi and the tv to the soundbar with optical cable ?
Community Updates
AskTV
4 Comments
Yes, simply connect the soundbar to the TV. As long as your TV has optical in anyhow
So if I connect the PS4 to the TV with an HDMI cable and the TV to the soundbar with an optical cable I will be able to use it for TV and gaming ?

The TV will obviously use it as it is connected directly to it but will the PS4's sound get to the soundbar as well ?
highwave

So if I connect the PS4 to the TV with an HDMI cable and the TV to the … So if I connect the PS4 to the TV with an HDMI cable and the TV to the soundbar with an optical cable I will be able to use it for TV and gaming ? The TV will obviously use it as it is connected directly to it but will the PS4's sound get to the soundbar as well ?

​ Yrs, I have exactly this setup but with a pS3 also. Once the sound bar is connected directly to the TV, you need to go to the TV menu to change output from TV Speakers to External Speakers or similar and it's job done.
highwave

So if I connect the PS4 to the TV with an HDMI cable and the TV to the … So if I connect the PS4 to the TV with an HDMI cable and the TV to the soundbar with an optical cable I will be able to use it for TV and gaming ? The TV will obviously use it as it is connected directly to it but will the PS4's sound get to the soundbar as well ?

Yes, when you have a soundbar connected to the TV, anything that would normally come out through the TV speakers, however it is connected to the TV, will now come out the soundbar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions