Connecting Tablet to Monitor

Found 25th Aug 2017Edited by:"Winspiration"
Hi, this might be a stupid question, but...

Long story short; I've bought a Samsung monitor for PS4 gaming and everything is fine, apart from the text is ever so slightly blurry. I want to be able to change the DPI and ClearType settings, only I don't have a PC...

I do, however, have a Lenovo Miix 310 tablet. I'm looking to buy a Micro HDMI to HDMI connector so that I can hook the tablet up to my monitor.

My question is, once it's hooked up, will I be able to change the monitors settings?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
ClearType is a Windows feature.

Have you checked the monitors OSD for display settings. Sharpness, etc.
rev62 m ago

ClearType is a Windows feature. Have you checked the monitors OSD for …ClearType is a Windows feature. Have you checked the monitors OSD for display settings. Sharpness, etc.

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

The Lenovo Miix has Windows, so I was hoping by connecting the tablet to the monitor I'd be able to access those options...?
You'll be able to.
Have you tried overdriving the monitor ?
rev641 m ago

You'll be able to.

Great news! Thank you. I was 98% sure I'd be able to. Just wanted to double check before ordering the adapter I need. Thanks again.
kester7642 m ago

Have you tried overdriving the monitor ?

I'm pretty tech savvy, but when it comes to monitors I'm not massively clued up to be honest.

I'll go away and Google that, but would that improve the quality of the text? The picture itself, the colours and contrast, they're all great. Just the text in the kill feed isn't as clear for some reason.
What monitor is it?
Just to be crystal clear about this.

Yes, you will be able to adjust the DPI/ClearType settings while the monitor is plugged into the Windows tablet, but once you plug your PS4 back into the monitor the display will revert back to what it looked like before.

To adjust the display settings for the PS4 have a look at this video...

Edited by: "SUMMONER" 25th Aug 2017
SUMMONER3 m ago

Just to be crystal clear about this.Yes, you will be able to adjust the …Just to be crystal clear about this.Yes, you will be able to adjust the DPI/ClearType settings while the monitor is plugged into the Windows tablet, but once you plug your PS4 back into the monitor the display will revert back to what it looked like before.

Ah, I see. That's what I was worried about. Many thanks for clearing things up.

It turns out I was being an idiot, as expected. Just been looking through the monitor settings and it was set as "AV" so the picture was zoomed in a little. Changed it to "PC" and of course it's a LOT better; text is a lot more crisp and sharp now.

Thanks again everyone for your help. Much appreciated.
rev651 m ago

What monitor is it?

It's the Samsung CF390 24" monitor.
Winspiration2 m ago

It's the Samsung CF390 24" monitor.

Without looking into it. Does the monitor have an "AV mode" or something a long those lines. I find disabling that helps with image quality.
rev67 m ago

Without looking into it. Does the monitor have an "AV mode" or something a …Without looking into it. Does the monitor have an "AV mode" or something a long those lines. I find disabling that helps with image quality.

Yep, that was the issue. Just found out about it before your post. I went digging through the settings and discovered it was in "AV" mode. It's SO much better now that it's in "PC" mode. I don't know why anyone would even use "AV"! Thanks again for all of your help!
Winspiration5 h, 40 m ago

Yep, that was the issue. Just found out about it before your post. I went …Yep, that was the issue. Just found out about it before your post. I went digging through the settings and discovered it was in "AV" mode. It's SO much better now that it's in "PC" mode. I don't know why anyone would even use "AV"! Thanks again for all of your help!

Glad you sorted it!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants