Groups

Connecting xbox to pc for internet?

My mate reckons you can connect the xbox 360 to a pc to share the internet, is this true? The pc has internet via wireless. I thought you could only connect to share media?

I think he's probably better off getting a wireless dongle for xbox (£50?) or a long ethernet cable:

amazon.co.uk/dp/…PS4

This one the right sort to connect a pc or xbox to a router?

Also his mate told him that you could get sky channels for free or something on xbox?

And he says his cable from his sky box is carrying the sky signal but also a standard digital signal like you get from an aerial and you can plug into a freeview box? Is that something you've heard of before.

Rep for any help, trying to sort his pc etc out and come across a few things I hadn't heard before.

15 Comments

got told you can do it on an elite with standard ethernet as the xbox does the crossover

Original Poster

gog5y;7941532

got told you can do it on an elite with standard ethernet as the xbox … got told you can do it on an elite with standard ethernet as the xbox does the crossover

Do what? Connect the xbox to a pc to share internet? I assume it won't work on anything other than an elite then?

set up your internet on pc
    plug an ethernet cable from xbox to pc
    go to network places and highlight your internet & your xbox connections, then right click and click "bridge connections" voila :thumbsup:

I use this on my 360 :-D

Original Poster

youtube.com/wat…hXc

This looks good, maybe it can be done!

Original Poster

faevilangel;7941622

set up your internet on pcplug an ethernet cable from xbox to pcgo to … set up your internet on pcplug an ethernet cable from xbox to pcgo to network places and highlight your internet & your xbox connections, then right click and click "bridge connections" voila :thumbsup:I use this on my 360 :-D

wow, is that it? Far easier than the vid I posted!

faevilangel;7941622

set up your internet on pcplug an ethernet cable from xbox to pcgo to … set up your internet on pcplug an ethernet cable from xbox to pcgo to network places and highlight your internet & your xbox connections, then right click and click "bridge connections" voila :thumbsup:I use this on my 360 :-D

Yep, that's how to do it. You'll need to have either two ethernet cards, or a wireless and one ethernet card.

Edit: Removed embaressing stupidness :P

Original Poster

InfernoZeus;7941652

Yep, that's how to do it. You'll need to have either two ethernet cards, … Yep, that's how to do it. You'll need to have either two ethernet cards, or a wireless and one ethernet card (I guess two wireless cards might work too actually...)

Got wireless and ethernet.

If you had 2 wireless cards then surely you'd have wireless on the xbox and it would be a moot point?

Original Poster

Benjimoron;7941491

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00029MPS4/ref=asc_df_B00029MPS4574624?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=***************&linkCode=asn&creative=7974&creativeASIN=B00029MPS4

Is this the right cable as he wants another pc connected too?

I do this with my laptop on vista. Run a standard ethernet cable from the laptop to the 360, go into network connections and enable 'internet connection sharing'. simples been doing it for about 2 years.

Benjimoron;7941702

Got wireless and ethernet.If you had 2 wireless cards then surely you'd … Got wireless and ethernet.If you had 2 wireless cards then surely you'd have wireless on the xbox and it would be a moot point?

Lol, how stupid of me, how did I not see that? :P

Original Poster

InfernoZeus;7941652

Edit: Removed embaressing stupidness :P

It's still there in my quote for all to see!

Benjimoron;7944500

It's still there in my quote for all to see!

I know, but not much I can do about that, is there?! :P

Original Poster

InfernoZeus;7944971

I know, but not much I can do about that, is there?! :P

I'd remove it for a fee.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844458
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424114479
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?714
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value610

See more discussions