Connecting Xbox to wireless network

Hi,

Bought an xbox a while back and modded it with XBMC. I'm looking to connect it to my wireless network, will this do:

F5D7231UK4
Belkin High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router - Wireless router + 4-port switch - EN, Fast EN, 802.11b, 802.11g

dvd.co.uk/Hw/…htm

Looking to get it with my £20 lovefilm voucher for dvd.co.uk when it comes through!

Thanks for any help!

6 Comments

if you already have a router then yeah
Im guessing that it isnt the 360 you have?
if its just the only xbox then i would just run an rj45 cable to it

I thought Microsoft banned modded xboxes from playing online?

Spriggan;1723339

I thought Microsoft banned modded xboxes from playing online?

They will
But i used to use my old xbox as a media center (once modded)
jusr required me to network it up to my pc

if all u are wantin to do is network it ebuyer had some wireless routers in for bout £18.00

Original Poster

It's an original xbox, I've modded it with XBMC so want to stream videos and allow it to access youtube etc. Have got it all working wired but due to the location would prefer to have it wireless. Using the £20 voucher I'll be getting from Lovefilm for dvd.co.uk I can get this one for £15 delivered if it will work. Can I plug this in the back of the xbox and access my wireless point that I already have set up?

fryster;1725247

It's an original xbox, I've modded it with XBMC so want to stream videos … It's an original xbox, I've modded it with XBMC so want to stream videos and allow it to access youtube etc. Have got it all working wired but due to the location would prefer to have it wireless. Using the £20 voucher I'll be getting from Lovefilm for dvd.co.uk I can get this one for £15 delivered if it will work. Can I plug this in the back of the xbox and access my wireless point that I already have set up?

Ah i see what u are trying to do. its called "bridge mode" get hold of the manual, it should be able to do it, but might require manual setup
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions