Connecting Zeppelin Air to TV

Found 20th Mar 2012
I know it isn't possible to do so wireless but this Apple Support Answer suggested a optical mini-TOSLink

Any idea what I would use?

Would this work?

amazon.co.uk/LIN…e_0
Community Updates
MiscTV
6 Comments
Your TV would need an auidio out port (usually red/white phono) or optical out port. What inputs does you Zep Air have?
http://www9.pcmag.com/media/images/252859-bowers-wilkins-zeppelin-air-back.jpg

So from 3.5mm aux to Optical on TV?
dcx_badass

No 3.5mm aux is analogue, optical is digital. You just need a 3.5mm cable … No 3.5mm aux is analogue, optical is digital. You just need a 3.5mm cable from the headphone out on your TV, to the Aux on the speakers. Or if you TV has phono out, then phono to the aux.

Cheers dcx, any links to cables I could use? Would the cable I linked to in the original post work?

amazon.co.uk/CAB…1-5

or

amazon.co.uk/FPU…1-2

amazon.co.uk/s/r…=28

Auxiliary InputIf you wish to listen to an external analogue ordigital … Auxiliary InputIf you wish to listen to an external analogue ordigital audio source, connect it to the Zeppelin AirAUX input socket using either an analogue cableterminated with a mini-jack plug or a digital cableterminated with a mini-TosLink optical plug. ZeppelinAir will automatically identify the type of cable usedand configure the AUX input socket appropriately.

Off the top of my head I cannot remember the TV model, it is a 32" Toshiba Regza, when I get home I'll find the model number.

Thanks muchly!

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants