Groups

Conned by DealExtreme!

I received this email from PayPal this morning regarding DealExtreme.

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
    Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any
    funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
    recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
    question if they become available in the seller's account in the future,
    and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may
    include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the
    account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including
    member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws,
    we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand
    our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

-----------------
    Transaction Details
    -----------------

Seller's Name: DealExtreme
    Seller's Email: dealextreme@gmail.com
    Seller's Transaction ID: 22U926504W973501H

Transaction Date: 17 Sep 2009
    Transaction Amount: -$xx.xxUSD
    Your Transaction ID: 3T2034707E834735H
    Case Number: PP-810-937-249

What a terrible way to operate! I'll never buy from them again that's for sure.

16 Comments

Banned

I'd say thats more paypals cockup. Surely dealextreme will have funds in their account or will have to recover theclaim amount?

Why are you claiming through paypal? Didnt dealextreme sort out your complaint?

Original Poster

csiman;6902385

I'd say thats more paypals cockup. Surely dealextreme will have funds in … I'd say thats more paypals cockup. Surely dealextreme will have funds in their account or will have to recover theclaim amount?Why are you claiming through paypal? Didnt dealextreme sort out your complaint?

I have contacted DealExtreme numerous times. They claim to have refunded me through PayPal and wont do any more.

Why have you removed the transaction amount?

Banned

Predikuesi;6902418

I have contacted DealExtreme numerous times. They claim to have refunded … I have contacted DealExtreme numerous times. They claim to have refunded me through PayPal and wont do any more.

I would ring paypal and complain to them as obviously dealextreme will have funds in their account to cover the refund.

Banned

thesaint;6902471

Why have you removed the transaction amount?

Probably doens't want to be identified by revealing the exact amount involved. Too many stalkers and do-gooders around. There may be repercussions!

I've pretty much stopped using DE now. It seems every order I make (which are always just small amounts - usually just one or two items), they usually don't seem to have it in stock. So a 5 day shipping wait, ends up being weeks. One such order was cancelled by me after a 10 week week and paypal dispute logged. They admitted theyd not sent the goods, so it was a no contest and paypal refunded (Though DE did not comminicate at all with Paypal during the month further wait.). Can't believe the reply theyve sent you that reply to be honest. But I shouldn't be surprised...... it's Paypal after all...... the scam artists favourite organisation.

I ordered a usb stick about 2 years ago that never turned up.. i wasnt bothered cos it was about 50p or somethin but i deffo wont be using them again

aaron14danni;6902591

I ordered a usb stick about 2 years ago that never turned up.. i wasnt … I ordered a usb stick about 2 years ago that never turned up.. i wasnt bothered cos it was about 50p or somethin but i deffo wont be using them again

So you stopped using them because something went missing in the post?

Banned

thesaint;6902627

So you stopped using them because something went missing in the post?

I don't think he said that. He said the item didn't arrive. Why do you assume they actually sent it and automatically blame the poor old postman?

Banned

guv;6902643

I don't think he said that. He said the item didn't arrive. Why do you … I don't think he said that. He said the item didn't arrive. Why do you assume they actually sent it and automatically blame the poor old postman?

plus the postie here was only responsible for 5% of the journey :-D

I certainly wouldnt boycott a company for 50p though - talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face! :thinking:

dcx_badass;6902648

I still use them weekly and as of yet have had two faulty items, both … I still use them weekly and as of yet have had two faulty items, both replaced straight away without returning the original, did the same with my dads $15 item aswell.

I have used them weekly for about 2 years.
    Never had an order not turn up, and returns has always been easy enough once you understand their odd way of doing so.

The last item that I reported faulty had this response:

Dear customer,Our apologies for the item you bought being defective. We … Dear customer,Our apologies for the item you bought being defective. We have arranged a free replacement for you. There is no need that you send defective item back to us. You may track the shipment using the existing order number.Thanks for your support with DX.Suki

Hardly the actions of a dishonest trader.

Banned

thesaint;6902755

The last item that I reported faulty had this response:Hardly the actions … The last item that I reported faulty had this response:Hardly the actions of a dishonest trader.

Don't you order loads of DS cartirdges though? They'd probably not want to lose a high profile trader for a nominal amount?

ive got mixed feelings about them...

they have replaced a couple of items, free of charge - when they turned up broken.
    On the other hand, i ordered some bits last christmas, about 10 seperate items. 3 turned up in 2 weeks, the rest appeared over the next 2 months.. and the last 2 items didnt turn up at all.
    i wonder if its better to just order one thing at a time.

Banned

Narfette;6902976

ive got mixed feelings about them...they have replaced a couple of items, … ive got mixed feelings about them...they have replaced a couple of items, free of charge - when they turned up broken.On the other hand, i ordered some bits last christmas, about 10 seperate items. 3 turned up in 2 weeks, the rest appeared over the next 2 months.. and the last 2 items didnt turn up at all.i wonder if its better to just order one thing at a time.

could be right. 100% record as far as I am concerned but only ever placed single item orders.

wow,someone in this thread lurves Deal Extreme

I have never had a problem.

Wasn't it eligible for buyer protection ?

Possibly the claim may have been processed wrong,give Paypal a ring as your claim has been processed under buyer complaint and NOT buyer protection.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions