Groups

consent of Barclays? for mortgage

can someone help please? am about to remortgage with woolwich but with my husband, what does this mean? please supply the consent of barclays to the registration of transfer dated (named person) in accordance with the properiertship register.

21 Comments

a land registry requisition? it means that land registry hasn't been notified that Barclay's have removed their interest. I presume you are also carrying out a 1 to 2 person transfer, or similar?

what did Barclays say when you asked them?

Original Poster

NobbyNobbs

a land registry requisition? it means that land registry hasn't been … a land registry requisition? it means that land registry hasn't been notified that Barclay's have removed their interest. I presume you are also carrying out a 1 to 2 person transfer, or similar?

​I am with Barclays but going to remortgage again with them. what's a 1to 2 person transfer? thanks

Original Poster

chocci

what did Barclays say when you asked them?

​my Barclays mortage advisor says she doesn't know anything regarding this

Seems odd. When we remortgage before, it all gets dealt with and we never had to get the consent of the mortgage provider ourselves. Did you instruct a solicitor? We had to instruct a solicitor who did all the paper work.

sc57

​my Barclays mortage advisor says she doesn't know anything regarding this

ask to speak with someone who understands their job - a supervisor perhaps?

chocci

ask to speak with someone who understands their job - a supervisor … ask to speak with someone who understands their job - a supervisor perhaps?

yeh!! they can't ask for something and not know what it all means
    I had to instruct a solicitor for my remortgage last week - I did not know about this and had not budgeted for a £740 hit!!!

Sounds like the op hasn't appointed a solicitors, who would deal with all the paperwork.

Original Poster

mutley1

Seems odd. When we remortgage before, it all gets dealt with and we … Seems odd. When we remortgage before, it all gets dealt with and we never had to get the consent of the mortgage provider ourselves. Did you instruct a solicitor? We had to instruct a solicitor who did all the paper work.

​land registry requested this. however the house was a buy to let in my name, now changing to residential to my husband's and i. I feel like everyone is passing the buck.

sc57

​land registry requested this. however the house was a buy to let in my n … ​land registry requested this. however the house was a buy to let in my name, now changing to residential to my husband's and i. I feel like everyone is passing the buck.

Are you staying with barclays? have you got barclays' consent to change the mortgage from buy to let to a residential and to add your husband to the mortgage?

You need to instruct a solicitors to add your husband's name to the house deed before he can be added to the mortage. The solicitors will be able to help you deal with the land registry.

Original Poster

I am staying with Barclays. they know it's changing from buy to let (in my name) to residential (in both our names) hence have got a mortage offer.

I am not using a solicitor to add my husband as a deed. I sent the application direct to land registry, to do that, but they requested the consent to...

hi the mortgage company will have a restriction registered at Land Registry land registry are simply trying to get consent to the restriction you need to be speaking to Barclays

or discharge information

sc57

I am staying with Barclays. they know it's changing from buy to let (in … I am staying with Barclays. they know it's changing from buy to let (in my name) to residential (in both our names) hence have got a mortage offer.I am not using a solicitor to add my husband as a deed. I sent the application direct to land registry, to do that, but they requested the consent to...

I am surprised you can add his name to the deed without having a solicitor involved. If this is possible, which i did not think was possible, then call the registry and ask what they actually need from barclays then ask barclays for that?

I would be interested to hear if you sucessfully get your husband's name added to the deed without a solicitor.

you don't need a solicitor to do this, op is adding a name on to their registered title by way of transfer. because of this change somebody else now has a interest in the title, any lender (or other party) with a restriction on the registered title must provide consent, if not provided the application cannot proceed and the transfer will be rejected. if op is remortgaging with a different lender then the outgoing lender should provide the land registry with the discharge information. if you need any more call the registry on 0300 00 60411

NobbyNobbs

you don't need a solicitor to do this, op is adding a name on to their … you don't need a solicitor to do this, op is adding a name on to their registered title by way of transfer. because of this change somebody else now has a interest in the title, any lender (or other party) with a restriction on the registered title must provide consent, if not provided the application cannot proceed and the transfer will be rejected. if op is remortgaging with a different lender then the outgoing lender should provide the land registry with the discharge information. if you need any more call the registry on 0300 00 60411

That is interesting to know. When i looked at how i could get my name added to a deed in my oh's name, google came up with instructing a solicitors.

depends on how and what you want to do. solicitors are best for certain land transactions, but in this instance, what the OP is doing is pretty straightforward. solicitors or conveyancer's charge a heavy premium for even the most basic applications when all the forms and practice material are free for all

mutley1

Are you staying with barclays? have you got barclays' consent to change … Are you staying with barclays? have you got barclays' consent to change the mortgage from buy to let to a residential and to add your husband to the mortgage?You need to instruct a solicitors to add your husband's name to the house deed before he can be added to the mortage. The solicitors will be able to help you deal with the land registry.

​ac57 if you want to pm me I'll help you as much as I can

NobbyNobbs

​ac57 if you want to pm me I'll help you as much as I can

Thanks for the offer of guidance. Will get in touch if we go ahead.

Original Poster

NobbyNobbs

depends on how and what you want to do. solicitors are best for certain … depends on how and what you want to do. solicitors are best for certain land transactions, but in this instance, what the OP is doing is pretty straightforward. solicitors or conveyancer's charge a heavy premium for even the most basic applications when all the forms and practice material are free for all

​it's true. why pay 300-400 for them to fill in a form I can do.

mutley1

Thanks for the offer of guidance. Will get in touch if we go ahead.

​no worries
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie11
      2. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value913
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767196
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers11

See more discussions