Conservatory sofa

Found 11th Apr 2012
I put a question on here earlier about buying a leather armchair for my new conservatory,one person mentioned about buying a rattan sofa.I have always thought i would go for just a normal lounge sofa if that makes sense.Any thoughts on this from people who have conservatorys and what type of furniture you wud recommend.Thanks
Community Updates
MiscGarden FurnitureSofa
15 Comments
Just got a normal fabric sofa in mine. Never liked Rattan. The colour does fade a bit though with all the sunshine.
One thing I would note about rattan is that there isn't much 'give' so if you are someone who likes to curl up on a sofa then you may find it a little uncomfortable especially the arms. That's my experience anyway.
No Im not so keen on the rattan but i was unsure if it kept its colour more.I was thinking some really nice throws over a proper sofa as well would help and maybe i may have to get some blinds i think.I also think you can lie down a bit better on a proper sofa after a hard days work.Thanks
Thats what i was worried about sickly sweet,as i do like to have a proper stretch out on a sofa
I wouldnt automatically thought about the colour fade of furniture but it does make sense.

Maybe get a cheapy sofa from Ikea or somewhere. Something that wont be too expensive in case of discolouration
julieg

Thats what i was worried about sickly sweet,as i do like to have a proper … Thats what i was worried about sickly sweet,as i do like to have a proper stretch out on a sofa

Me too, maybe get a sofa with loose covers so you can wash & change them whenever you want plus if they get bleached by the sun you can either buy another set or buy some dye & give it a go yourself.
DFS have a sale on if that helps, but hurry ends soon.
DFS do make me laugh with all their sales
hotmik

DFS have a sale on if that helps, but hurry ends soon.

lol
Get what you want, stick a throw over the sofa when not used for a few days,
Mmmmmmmm sounds nice bossyboots,i would of loved a corner suite but no room
This is the sort of thing I would get. Comfortable enough for the conservatory but can recover if it fades or put some throws over it
ikea.com/gb/…81/

[image missing]

Edited by: "WoolyM" 11th Apr 2012
Thanks WoolyM
It's got to be rattan/bamboo in the conservatory....it's the law!
If you use a normal settee in a conservatory, be sure to cover it completely, otherwise the sun will rot the material and the sewing on it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions