Conservatory sofa

Found 11th Apr 2012
I put a question on here earlier about buying a leather armchair for my new conservatory,one person mentioned about buying a rattan sofa.I have always thought i would go for just a normal lounge sofa if that makes sense.Any thoughts on this from people who have conservatorys and what type of furniture you wud recommend.Thanks
Community Updates
MiscConservatorySofa
15 Comments
Just got a normal fabric sofa in mine. Never liked Rattan. The colour does fade a bit though with all the sunshine.
One thing I would note about rattan is that there isn't much 'give' so if you are someone who likes to curl up on a sofa then you may find it a little uncomfortable especially the arms. That's my experience anyway.
Original Poster
No Im not so keen on the rattan but i was unsure if it kept its colour more.I was thinking some really nice throws over a proper sofa as well would help and maybe i may have to get some blinds i think.I also think you can lie down a bit better on a proper sofa after a hard days work.Thanks
Original Poster
Thats what i was worried about sickly sweet,as i do like to have a proper stretch out on a sofa
I wouldnt automatically thought about the colour fade of furniture but it does make sense.

Maybe get a cheapy sofa from Ikea or somewhere. Something that wont be too expensive in case of discolouration
julieg

Thats what i was worried about sickly sweet,as i do like to have a proper … Thats what i was worried about sickly sweet,as i do like to have a proper stretch out on a sofa

Me too, maybe get a sofa with loose covers so you can wash & change them whenever you want plus if they get bleached by the sun you can either buy another set or buy some dye & give it a go yourself.
DFS have a sale on if that helps, but hurry ends soon.
Original Poster
DFS do make me laugh with all their sales
hotmik

DFS have a sale on if that helps, but hurry ends soon.

lol
Get what you want, stick a throw over the sofa when not used for a few days,
Original Poster
Mmmmmmmm sounds nice bossyboots,i would of loved a corner suite but no room
This is the sort of thing I would get. Comfortable enough for the conservatory but can recover if it fades or put some throws over it
ikea.com/gb/…81/
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/klippan-two-seat-sofa__36913_PE128258_S4.jpg

Edited by: "WoolyM" 11th Apr 2012
Original Poster
Thanks WoolyM
It's got to be rattan/bamboo in the conservatory....it's the law!
If you use a normal settee in a conservatory, be sure to cover it completely, otherwise the sun will rot the material and the sewing on it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions