Found 11th Oct 2009
I need someone to sell this too me. I already own an Xbox 360 and lots of games. I've no intention of getting rid of the Xbox or stopping my gold membership, so I want to know if it's a worthwhile addition. I don't know anything about the PS3, being an Xbox owner I usually stick to those sections of gaming websites. From what I know Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 look like good exclusive games, not sure about any others.
You get to stream BBC iplayer content through the PS3, which I think is one of the biggest selling points for me? Any other great features like this?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
28 Comments

wait for them to come down in price - i.e after january. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I thought they just had a price drop. Didn't think they would announce another so quickly.

Original Poster

BTW, what do you use the 250GB HDD for? Seems like a lot for a console.

sdavi3680;6548657

The 250gb is the more expensive version.
The standard is the 120gb. Its used for demos and installing the games to the hdd. Can go pretty quick if you buy a lot of games.

They shops should drop the price a little after the holidays so demand wont drop. There wont be a proper price cut.

sdavi3680;6548657

will not seem that way when you try to play some games that will only play if you install 8 gig to hard drive like Metal gear solid. Actually not sure it is 8 gb but there are a lot of games that seem to be using a forced install.

It's a good machine so if you got the cash spare then go for it.

deathtrap3000;6548712

The 250gb is the more expensive version.The standard is the 120gb. Its … The 250gb is the more expensive version.The standard is the 120gb. Its used for demos and installing the games to the hdd. Can go pretty quick if you buy a lot of games.They shops should drop the price a little after the holidays so demand wont drop. There wont be a proper price cut.

+ Also music videos etc.

You also have the internet browser.
Built in rechargeable batteries.
Sixaxis motion.

sdavi3680;6548657

Most use it for putting films/tv shows, music on etc.

When hi-def films become the norm, this will get used up pretty quick.
It just seems like you want one for the sake of wanting one.

Original Poster

thesaint;6548828

Most use it for putting films/tv shows, music on etc.When hi-def films … Most use it for putting films/tv shows, music on etc.When hi-def films become the norm, this will get used up pretty quick.It just seems like you want one for the sake of wanting one.

nothing wrong with wanting one for the sake of it if you have the cash spare! I just like buying shiny new things and I haven't bought anything new for at least a month.

Original Poster

Does the iplayer work well on it? Is it integrated or you just go an internet browser and watch it like you would on a PC?

sdavi3680;6549168

Does the iplayer work well on it? Is it integrated or you just go an … Does the iplayer work well on it? Is it integrated or you just go an internet browser and watch it like you would on a PC?

Not like a pc but it does go on the web browser, however the quality is GREAT!

sdavi3680;6549168

Does the iplayer work well on it? Is it integrated or you just go an … Does the iplayer work well on it? Is it integrated or you just go an internet browser and watch it like you would on a PC?

It's integrated - the PS3 has a TV tab which has the Play TV and the iplayer, the iplayer has its own frontend and works well. Also if you have any AVCHD devices the PS3 can play the files back natively.

John

Johnmcl7;6549198

It's integrated - the PS3 has a TV tab which has the Play TV and the … It's integrated - the PS3 has a TV tab which has the Play TV and the iplayer, the iplayer has its own frontend and works well. Also if you have any AVCHD devices the PS3 can play the files back natively.John

Integrated but more like a bookmark, however, layout is different etc. PS3 also has it's own youtube setting which is pretty cool

sdavi3680;6549168

Its a link to the iplayer website. It makes it seem integrated, but its not. The quality is like it would be on the pc.

Play TV is worth looking into - turns your PS3 into a PVR though it's only a single tuner. I've put all my music on my PS3 also and treat it like a big ipod.

The PS3 will take the place of your Hifi, DVD player, PVR (with Play TV) and there are other exclusive games such as LBP, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, GT5, God of War etc

I've never regretted buying mine and I'm 40 er ....something :-D

It's MUCH more than a console

60 gb is the best one they stopped making them because the compnents being better quality cost more so the other ones have cheaper components also its the only one that plays ps2/1 games

stuntman9883;6550245

60 gb is the best one they stopped making them because the compnents … 60 gb is the best one they stopped making them because the compnents being better quality cost more so the other ones have cheaper components also its the only one that plays ps2/1 games

It is, people tend to sell them on here.

They have an older Blu-ray drive and usually fails after 2 years.

Mines been replaced.

PS3 is my media system.

Xbox is my pure gaming machine.

stuntman9883;6550245

60 gb is the best one they stopped making them because the compnents … 60 gb is the best one they stopped making them because the compnents being better quality cost more so the other ones have cheaper components also its the only one that plays ps2/1 games

But it's heavier and noisier than even the 80Gb let alone the new slim. Not worth the hassle of buying a pre-owned 60gb. If you're desperate to play PS2 games get a new PS2 slim for £30

Banned

surprised no-one has mentioned the beneifts of the blu-ray drive (TDK have produced a blu-ray disk that can store 320GB and is PS3 compatible!)

get at least an 80gb ps3 imho. I just put the new star trek blu-ray film on my drive and that was 11GB alone!

I also own both consoles.

The PS3 is a pretty good media player as well as BD player. It also can do a few other things including going online with the browser (can be a bit buggy). You should also be able to pick up a few cheap classics if you want to try out the exclusives.

Original Poster

Ok, as far as I can work out the 'must-have' exclusives are, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2 and maybe Wipeout Fury. Any others I'm missing out on?

Metal Gear Solid 4

Banned

sdavi3680;6551695

Ok, as far as I can work out the 'must-have' exclusives are, Killzone 2, … Ok, as far as I can work out the 'must-have' exclusives are, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2 and maybe Wipeout Fury. Any others I'm missing out on?

Resistance 1, Uncharted 1, lbp, infamous (superb!) and lots more

see metacritic.com

That's what she said.

Banned

adrian96;6551942

That's what she said.

:thinking:

csiman;6550575

surprised no-one has mentioned the beneifts of the blu-ray drive (TDK … surprised no-one has mentioned the beneifts of the blu-ray drive (TDK have produced a blu-ray disk that can store 320GB and is PS3 compatible!)get at least an 80gb ps3 imho. I just put the new star trek blu-ray film on my drive and that was 11GB alone!

Shame those disc's will never be for sale. I want one That and I don't have the hardware to read or record to them)

Banned

dontasciime;6552148

Shame those disc's will never be for sale. I want one That and I don't … Shame those disc's will never be for sale. I want one That and I don't have the hardware to read or record to them)

never say never.

I once worked for in IT and it cost £8,0000,000 for their new 16GB hard drives (4 x 4gb drives that were each the size of a fridge!).

My first PC only had a 2GB hard drive!

sdavi3680;6551695

Ok, as far as I can work out the 'must-have' exclusives are, Killzone 2, … Ok, as far as I can work out the 'must-have' exclusives are, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2 and maybe Wipeout Fury. Any others I'm missing out on?

I'm not a fan of Killzone 2, can't seem to get into it at all as it seems very generic - there's PSN games as well, Super Stardust HD is a relatively simple shooter but I've wasted hours on it, I find it hard to resist.

John

Johnmcl7;6553031

I'm not a fan of Killzone 2, can't seem to get into it at all as it seems … I'm not a fan of Killzone 2, can't seem to get into it at all as it seems very generic - there's PSN games as well, Super Stardust HD is a relatively simple shooter but I've wasted hours on it, I find it hard to resist.John

Me too .. I wish they could give Sinistar this treatment for a remake.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    2. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    3. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22
    4. What is gearbest like on warranty?78

See more discussions