Groups

Considering move to aus

I am looking to move to aus in about 10 or less years time and i was just wondering if anyone has emigrated there and would like to share their experiences with me or if they havent im rambling on because im not sure why im asking

10 Comments

Just a thought.....but if anyone had emigrated there.......would they be surfing a UK deals website.

Anyway, my cousins are out there at the moment, they love it, but they are coming back shortly as they are home sick.

what do you work as?

Original Poster

oh yeah good point

Original Poster

im a electrician

Supermod

ThePasty;2389463

Just a thought.....but if anyone had emigrated there.......would they be … Just a thought.....but if anyone had emigrated there.......would they be surfing a UK deals website. Anyway, my cousins are out there at the moment, they love it, but they are coming back shortly as they are home sick.

...they could have had a rubbish time and moved back....

I work for immigration (shaddup) and we [the UK] have just stolen the Australian way of working. Points Based System you may of heard about and I'm on the trial team trying to work this... Anyway

Key facts
    Be under 35
    Have Money
    Have a Degree
    Be a skilled worker (Electrician counts)
    Would be easier to get settled without wife and kids to start with to. And they join at a later date on the back of you not blowing up their country.

Other than than I have no advice but take sun cream!

My sister moved out there 10 yrs ago and absolutely loves it, she went with two small children and says schooling and general lifestyle is far better for them over there. You have a good chance of getting in as you have a skilled profession. It's a lengthy process so make sure you give yourself plenty of time. You should maybe take an extended holiday out there and see what u think, My sister tried a few places, melbourne, perth and has now settled in Canberra. Good luck.

If you have the chance, then do it... I travelled around Australia for a year, and I'd love to live there for good.

We hope to do so eventually, but it's the expense for us - too much money tied up in our house at the moment. If house prices rocket in the next couple of years, then we'd be straight there...

I personally loved Melbourne and Adelaide the most out of the places I went (only didn't do Western Australia), although I hear from people that Perth is lovely.

We were looking into it about 6 months ago, and it would cost us about £1500 each for our applications.

I have lived in Adelaide, and Queensland, been to Sydney and Perth - my husband is an electrician and we moved there and the children went to school there, I loved Adelaidebut preferred Queensland
    We have emigrated to Augustrlia 3 times - we kept coming back before taking up citizenship and then finding we wanted to go back,
    1st one was in 1986 - we went to live in Auckland, New Zealand but my daughter who was only 3 becamme ick and we came back to the UK after about a year.
    2nd one both children went to sschool one was 3 and the other was 7 - they both settled down so well and loved it but we came back again because out house had stopped letting and we could not pay two lots of bills.

then my daughter got accepted into an australian college for songwriters - she was 16 and we all emigrated again thats when we went to Queensland, I absolutely loved queensland but again we came home, you see I still called it home and still thought of it as home, we havd also emigreated to USA, and that didnt work out either.
    So I guess what I am saying is you will get homessick but if you are young enough you have to stick with it and make Australia your home, friends of mine have and they absolutely love it but they still miss 'Home'
    My children thank me often for giving them the experiences that I have, they are well educated lovely girls and I think the travelling has helped make them the beautiful people they are today- good luck and remeber
    'life is like a book - to stay at home is to read but one page'

magicjay1986;2389493

...they could have had a rubbish time and moved back....

i think you are right but i doubt theyll admit it! ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …86147
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      3. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions