Constantin Durmont Watches

Posted 27th Oct
Hi watch people, I noticed Amazon have a big sale on Constantin Durmont Watches, a couple looked quite nice and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this brand?
Cole off links

Constantin Durmont Men's Quartz Watch Analogue Display and Rubber Strap CD-BUL-QZ-RB-IPIP-BK amazon.co.uk/dp/…XWT

Constantin Durmont Gents Watch Chronograph Quartz Stainless Steel XL Spade CD Spad-Qz-STSTBKBK amazon.co.uk/dp/…3SH

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Looks like a cheap nasty tagg brand, have a look at seiko, tissot or skagen for some nice watches
sprentice9827/10/2019 02:02

Looks like a cheap nasty tagg brand, have a look at seiko, tissot or …Looks like a cheap nasty tagg brand, have a look at seiko, tissot or skagen for some nice watches

Except when a bit of research is done, one finds this.

HISTORY OF THE ETA 7750/ TAG HEUER CALIBRE 16 MOVEMENT

So it seems Constantin Durmont have some kind of pedigree, although I've never heard of them and the website link I provided makes no mention of any kind of quartz watches.
OllieSt27/10/2019 06:54

Except when a bit of research is done, one finds this.HISTORY OF THE ETA …Except when a bit of research is done, one finds this.HISTORY OF THE ETA 7750/ TAG HEUER CALIBRE 16 MOVEMENTSo it seems Constantin Durmont have some kind of pedigree, although I've never heard of them and the website link I provided makes no mention of any kind of quartz watches.

I’ve read that article and don’t see the brand mentioned anywhere?
OllieSt27/10/2019 06:54

Except when a bit of research is done, one finds this.HISTORY OF THE ETA …Except when a bit of research is done, one finds this.HISTORY OF THE ETA 7750/ TAG HEUER CALIBRE 16 MOVEMENTSo it seems Constantin Durmont have some kind of pedigree, although I've never heard of them and the website link I provided makes no mention of any kind of quartz watches.

So it's a movement they've used which in its later life was also used by Swatch. I imagine they've only done that on their watches with a glass back.
MIDURIX27/10/2019 07:29

So it's a movement they've used which in its later life was also used by …So it's a movement they've used which in its later life was also used by Swatch. I imagine they've only done that on their watches with a glass back.

Do Swatch make movement watches?

EDIT: It seems they do, I never knew that.
Out of interest where do you get your info that it's the ETA7750 movement used in Swatch watches?

If on the other hand you are referring to the Swatch group, then it would be obvious the ETA has 7750 has been used.

38794178-1B3p7.jpg
Edited by: "OllieSt" 27th Oct
sprentice9827/10/2019 07:28

I’ve read that article and don’t see the brand mentioned anywhere?

First link in my posting takes you to Constantin Durmont webpage showing watch that uses ETA7750 movement.
OllieSt27/10/2019 07:33

Do Swatch make movement watches?EDIT: It seems they do, I never knew …Do Swatch make movement watches?EDIT: It seems they do, I never knew that.Out of interest where do you get your info that it's the ETA7750 movement used in Swatch watches?

The Swatch Group includes brands such as Omega, Hamilton, and Tissot who all make watches that use the Valjoux 7750. It's a widely used automatic mechanical chronograph movement as it is really is a tried and tested design, it's a good movement. Now Constantin Durmont on the other hand, never heard of them. Probably one of those brands that was a generic recaser of Valjoux/ETA movements in the 60's, went bust many moons ago, and then the name was bought in recently years by a totally unrelated company to trade off the old name.
Yeah maybe. But it's also fair to say that there are many watch making companies out there that would utilise 7750 movement and because you and me haven't heard of Constantin Durmont it doesn't mean they should be dismissed.

I originally went down this path because OP likes the watch and the first post made here dismissed it completely out of hand as being junk. I was just trying to bring some balance for the OP

EDIT: It seems to be Chinese owned.
OllieSt27/10/2019 07:46

Yeah maybe. But it's also fair to say that there are many watch making …Yeah maybe. But it's also fair to say that there are many watch making companies out there that would utilise 7750 movement and because you and me haven't heard of Constantin Durmont it doesn't mean they should be dismissed. I originally went down this path because OP likes the watch and the first post made here dismissed it completely out of hand as being junk. I was just trying to bring some balance for the OPEDIT: It seems to be Chinese owned.

Both watches have mineral crystal glass, which is something I avoid at all costs. A Seiko with sapphire crystal glass is in the same price range if not £10-20 more.
MIDURIX27/10/2019 08:19

Both watches have mineral crystal glass, which is something I avoid at all …Both watches have mineral crystal glass, which is something I avoid at all costs. A Seiko with sapphire crystal glass is in the same price range if not £10-20 more.

Yeah I know what you mean. I have a 70's King Seiko that picks up scratches just by looking at it.

With hard graft and determination this product does sort out the majority of scratches but it does feel like a losing battle.
Thanks for your input guys!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants