Groups

Consumer advice needed!

Hi Im hoping some of you might give me a little advice,

In may I brought a homebrew beer kit complete with pressure barrel and beer kit I've only just got round to brewing it, after putting it in the pressure barrel and leaving it a few days the barrel has split spilling beer all over the floor.

It appears that the pressure release valve wasnt working causing the split, Ive been in touch with the company and they have told me that if I send the barrel back at my cost they will replace it.

So it will cost me £10 to return the barrel and then £20 to replace the lost kit, what rights do I have?

8 Comments

if it's faulty they should replace it at their cost

Where are they based?

Original Poster

based in essex

shauneames

based in essex

The best thing to do is to read up on the Sale Of Goods Act 1979.

This part is relevant:

(2)If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the … (2)If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must—(a)repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer;(b)bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

SOGA 1979
    Edited by: "thesaint" 2nd Aug 2010

ask them to request a courier to collect it, if they use them already then it will cost them next to nothing.

Another option might be to say if they dont go for that is, "look its going to cost me £10 to send it back, as it's not your fault to just send out a replacement and offer to destroy the faulty one"

just out of interest did you pay with paypal?

Original Poster

thanks for the advice im reading bits of the sale of goods act

no paid via debit card.

All the TSOs I know always advise to pay for goods with a CC - easier to resolve problems like this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523460
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285994
      3. What is there free to do in your town?611
      4. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp34

See more discussions