Groups

Consumer right

Banned
    Can anyone give me advice regarding a tv I have purchased? I've just today discovered that the issue I have been having with my Toshiba lcd is a known one, and one acknowledged by Toshiba as a manufacturing issue. The tv distorts audio over hdmi with all sources (ps3, xbox 360, pc) Toshiba have indicated to me that the tv needs a mainboard replacement and a firmware update.

I only purchased the set 20/09/09 so its within its year of warranty that the manufacturer provide, but i'm not happy with having a repaired unit that is less than 12 months old.

Am I well within my right to approach Comet and ask for a refund or replacement of a set of equal spec, but no issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Comments

No if you go to Comet they will probably offer you a repair which you just have to accept it.

I would "Google" consumer rights and speak to citizens advice... there is plenty of information available ...basically, regardless of 12 month warranty, it must last a "reasonable" length of time to a "reasonable person"... that could, IMHO, be 5 or 6 years for an expensive TV. I think your starting point is with Comet who have a legal & moral duty to put things right to your satisfaction.. .& yes., that could mean repair. Thx. danlaur

Original Poster Banned

dananana;8929855

No if you go to Comet they will probably offer you a repair which you … No if you go to Comet they will probably offer you a repair which you just have to accept it.

Danlaur;8929984

I would "Google" consumer rights and speak to citizens advice... there is … I would "Google" consumer rights and speak to citizens advice... there is plenty of information available ...basically, regardless of 12 month warranty, it must last a "reasonable" length of time to a "reasonable person"... that could, IMHO, be 5 or 6 years for an expensive TV. I think your starting point is with Comet who have a legal & moral duty to put things right to your satisfaction.. .& yes., that could mean repair. Thx. danlaur

Thats where I think the 'consumer right' is flawed. I aren't happy with a repaired unit that is less than 12 months old, I shouldn't have to accept a repair should they offer it. And Toshiba are offering that anyway under the manufacturer's warranty, but that means I could be without my television for potentially, weeks. Also taking into the account I don't know who is opening up my unit. What other damage may occur to my set during transit (Assuming the company can't/won't fix on site). What should happen should my set become lost/stolen etc.

iirc, its 1st repair, 2nd repair, 3rd refund

Its up to Comet to decide what they want to do

Banned

UltimateWarrior;8930118

Thats where I think the 'consumer right' is flawed. I aren't happy with a … Thats where I think the 'consumer right' is flawed. I aren't happy with a repaired unit that is less than 12 months old, I shouldn't have to accept a repair should they offer it. And Toshiba are offering that anyway under the manufacturer's warranty, but that means I could be without my television for potentially, weeks. Also taking into the account I don't know who is opening up my unit. What other damage may occur to my set during transit (Assuming the company can't/won't fix on site). What should happen should my set become lost/stolen etc.

If thats your attitude may I suggest you don't ever buy anything ever again, as obviously if anything gets a fault you won't be happy.

Banned

thread should be renamed to "consumer wrong and unrealistic!"
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213630
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25101
      3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE186925
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764429

See more discussions