Groups

consumer rights

hi all - hope this is the right forum to air this question,

Is a supplier under any obligation to supply goods when they have offered them for sale at a mis price and have accepted my order and taken my money?

I naively thought they were. Is it worth making a fuss with them?

I bought the AEG range cooker posted on saturday. Soon afterward, having acknowledged my order and taken payment, they changed the price, suggesting they had some in stock at that point. A few minutes later the item disappeared altogether and I, along with several other HUKDers got an email saying they couldnt supply.

Interested to know what you think

5 Comments

its an invite to sell and don't have to sell at the price ......

faevilangel;3199359

its an invite to sell and don't have to sell at the price ......

That statement is true but if money has been exchanged then I would have thought at that point that the sale had taken place.

crd67;3199369

That statement is true but if money has been exchanged then I would have … That statement is true but if money has been exchanged then I would have thought at that point that the sale had taken place.

Unfortunately not....

They often have that lovely clause....subject to despatch or words to that effect.

yeah.....there will be a getout clause there somewhere...its not like it was 5 years ago, where instore, you could find a wrongly priced item, and they would honour it........i remember getting 200 metres of hi-fi speaker cable from tandy.....i know, thats OLDSCHOOL....at the time, it was 100% copper, O2 free........should have been £10 per metre......it got priced at £0.01 per metre.....so insted of £2000, it cost me £2.......thats a bargain.

it was a big reel too....did me quite a while.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 6 to which handset?712
      2. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1015
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?22
      4. Wix Build Website Question, Domain transfer?35

See more discussions