Groups

Contact Lens

Hi,

Had an eye test and found out I need to wear glasses. Don't really fancy wearing glasses. Can anyone please point me in the right direction on where to buy cheap toric contact lenses.

Thanks

27 Comments

Have you had a trial? Free at specsavers.

Original Poster

shauneco

Have you had a trial? Free at specsavers.

Test was with vision express. Not sure if Specasavers will give me a free trial if i didn't get checked by them

Have you had a free contact lense trial yet, boots, spec savers etc will do a free trial which is worth doing as your glasses prescription will probably be slightly different to your contact lense one, they normally give about a weeks supply and then a follow up appointment to check the health of your eyes after that.
    I wear gas permeable lenses, but I'm sure someone else can point you in the right direction of the cheaper online suppliers once you know what strength lenses you need.
    Looks like a couple of us were typing replies at the same time, glasses eye test is different to a contact lense one, so no problem going to a different optician to have it done.
    Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 20th Feb

Depends if toy would like daily disposables , or ones that you use for a month .

if daily disposables then buy them from "daysoft"
    £12.50 a month

DevilsReaper

Test was with vision express. Not sure if Specasavers will give me a free … Test was with vision express. Not sure if Specasavers will give me a free trial if i didn't get checked by them

Shouldn't matter.

Specsavers Free Contact Lens Trial

Original Poster

tinkerbellian

Have you had a free contact lense trial yet, boots, spec savers etc will … Have you had a free contact lense trial yet, boots, spec savers etc will do a free trial which is worth doing as your glasses prescription will probably be slightly different to your contact lense one, they normally give about a weeks supply and then a follow up appointment to check the health of your eyes after that. I wear gas permeable lenses, but I'm sure someone else can point you in the right direction of the cheaper online suppliers once you know what strength lenses you need.

I haven't as I had my test with vision express, they never said anything about a free trial, guess they don't do them.

Original Poster

bobtastic

Depends if toy would like daily disposables , or ones that you use for a … Depends if toy would like daily disposables , or ones that you use for a month .if daily disposables then buy them from "daysoft"£12.50 a month

Have done a bit of digging already and was thinking of getting monthly ones as they work out cheaper then daily. I will check out daysoft. Thanks

Original Poster

shauneco

Shouldn't matter.Specsavers Free Contact Lens Trial

looks like you all need is a current prescription. Will give them a try. Hope they dont try hard selling at the end

DevilsReaper

looks like you all need is a current prescription. Will give them a try. … looks like you all need is a current prescription. Will give them a try. Hope they dont try hard selling at the end

They have always been very friendly with no hard sale for me and my daughter.

Original Poster

shauneco

They have always been very friendly with no hard sale for me and my … They have always been very friendly with no hard sale for me and my daughter.

How much are you paying a month? Ive heard online is alot cheaper than retailers

My daughter gets a pack of 30 pairs about every 3 months from spec savers , never had any hard sale tactics, and they were really good with her when she started using them as she struggled to get them out each time and they spent a long time helping her perfect her technique

Original Poster

bobtastic

Depends if toy would like daily disposables , or ones that you use for a … Depends if toy would like daily disposables , or ones that you use for a month .if daily disposables then buy them from "daysoft"£12.50 a month

Just had a look at daysoft, they need to know what my last make of contacts are before they give me a price but this is my first time and there is no option for none/other

Honestly go with your opticians first, you can dig for cheaper/alternative brands later. Or start a fresh with specsavers and go with the trail im talking eye test, eye health check the lot! You only have one pair of eyes. You mention toric lenses so you have astigmatism so this limits the lenses you can go for and they are little more expensive, all of which they will explain.

I have had Monthly and now dailies with specsavers, I am not an optician.

DevilsReaper

Just had a look at daysoft, they need to know what my last make of … Just had a look at daysoft, they need to know what my last make of contacts are before they give me a price but this is my first time and there is no option for none/other

i had daysoft lenses stick to my eye and pulled a bit of my eyeball off when removing never used again , stuck with specsavers direct debit scheme and never had a problem , just be careful with online only places

DevilsReaper

Just had a look at daysoft, they need to know what my last make of … Just had a look at daysoft, they need to know what my last make of contacts are before they give me a price but this is my first time and there is no option for none/other

Honestly worth booking the free trial at the opticians to start with, then you will have all the information you need, they will recommend a type for you to start out with , then you can go online and do future orders when you know what works for you if you need to find a cheaper supplier. Specsavers are £16 for 30 for dailies though , so not a huge expense to try after your trial anyway.
    Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 20th Feb

Original Poster

Niz

Honestly go with your opticians first, you can dig for … Honestly go with your opticians first, you can dig for cheaper/alternative brands later. Or start a fresh with specsavers and go with the trail im talking eye test, eye health check the lot! You only have one pair of eyes. You mention toric lenses so you have astigmatism so this limits the lenses you can go for and they are little more expensive, all of which they will explain.I have had Monthly and now dailies with specsavers, I am not an optician.

If i go with specsavers and set up a direct debit, then will future check ups be free?

Original Poster

wozukSilencer

i had daysoft lenses stick to my eye and pulled a bit of my eyeball off … i had daysoft lenses stick to my eye and pulled a bit of my eyeball off when removing never used again , stuck with specsavers direct debit scheme and never had a problem , just be careful with online only places

Sorry to hear that, hope there wasn't any long term damage

DevilsReaper

If i go with specsavers and set up a direct debit, then will future … If i go with specsavers and set up a direct debit, then will future check ups be free?

yup all free, I've been with them for yearss and at this moment in time they are yes, my last check in November was free, eye test, eye health check free, think its every two years and you can get free glasses to compliment, they was advise some extra coating etc but you can say no and really get it free if you wish:

specsavers.co.uk/off…ses

also IF you go with Monthly you MUST do as they say and clean the lenses properly etc, if you find you struggle with this then go with dailies, however i found monthly lenses more comfortable. Do not leave lenses on for long duration more than 12 hours I would say and definitely not overnight, I've had cloudy vision from doing this so just don't do it. Hopefully I've scared you enough into doing things properly. Stick with a main opticians before going online etc yes others may say its cheaper nothing to worry about, but at least know whats what before you do.

Asda are worth looking at. My Monthly prescription used to cost me about £12 per month.

daysoft dail one, have been using for years, good value for money

Original Poster

Niz

yup all free, I've been with them for yearss and at this moment in time … yup all free, I've been with them for yearss and at this moment in time they are yes, my last check in November was free, eye test, eye health check free, think its every two years and you can get free glasses to compliment, they was advise some extra coating etc but you can say no and really get it free if you wish:https://www.specsavers.co.uk/offers/free-glasses-with-contact-lensesalso IF you go with Monthly you MUST do as they say and clean the lenses properly etc, if you find you struggle with this then go with dailies, however i found monthly lenses more comfortable. Do not leave lenses on for long duration more than 12 hours I would say and definitely not overnight, I've had cloudy vision from doing this so just don't do it. Hopefully I've scared you enough into doing things properly. Stick with a main opticians before going online etc yes others may say its cheaper nothing to worry about, but at least know whats what before you do.

lol you have definitely scared me. I think this will probably be the best option. Ive had a look on their site and the prices aren't too bad either

DevilsReaper

How much are you paying a month? Ive heard online is alot cheaper than … How much are you paying a month? Ive heard online is alot cheaper than retailers

I'm not sure, my daughter's eyes started to dry out a little so she went back to wearing glasses for abit. Cancelled DD etc. Think it was about £60 for 3 months on monthly lenses but includes lens cleaner etc, I only used the trial.

I have lenses from vision express all check ups and future full eye tests are free, I'm sure they would do a trial before you commit to any direct debit plan etc.

Original Poster

Skaman

I have lenses from vision express all check ups and future full eye tests … I have lenses from vision express all check ups and future full eye tests are free, I'm sure they would do a trial before you commit to any direct debit plan etc.

I did inquire about contact lenses but they never mentioned anything about a free trial

Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback everyone, will most likely be going with specsavers

I wear monthly ones have and direct debit set up with Specsavers and I play £13 for a pair of lenses for a month with a bottle of solution for them. My husband wears daily disposable lenses and gets them from Asda for £18 for 30 pairs.

My daughters use Desiolens and they wouldn't want to switch to any other brand. They have occasional deals online.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      3. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343

See more discussions