Contact lenses switching to daily from monthly advice

Found 13th Jan 2012
Hi All

looking for some advice, i currently wear Acuvue Advance bi-monthly (2week) and looking to switch to daily as more hygienic etc...

Before i ring boots and book in and have to pay £20-30 can i just switch, i dont have any special requirements just normal lenses for short sight.
Community Updates
7 Comments
I don't see why not, I have worn dailies for the last 5 years. As far as I'm aware aren't monthly lenses just soaked in some solution overnight then put back in? I'd give them a ring up and get them to clarify.
Maybe you should ask the optician in Boots?
You should be fine.

Use Daysoft Dailies. Switched from Monthly to these with no problems.

Cheaper and much better.
I use Focus Dailies and have never had any problems. My mate also has contacts and uses Boots own brand and he hasn't ever complained.
they will want you to go in and have another trial/fitting consultation as your contact lens prescription is for the aa two weekly lens. but you should be fine to switch - just make sure you get lenses that have the same parameters as well as prescription.

edit - you may find the cheapest daily disposables are nowhere near as comfortable as the acuvue advance - as not as good material. look for a high dk/t value if possible
Edited by: "shaneomac" 13th Jan 2012
Shadow-360

You should be fine.Use Daysoft Dailies. Switched from Monthly to these … You should be fine.Use Daysoft Dailies. Switched from Monthly to these with no problems. Cheaper and much better.

I agree Daysoft are easily the best at the mo.
Original Poster
Brilliant thank you all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants