Contacting EBAY after they've made a "final decision"

Posted 23rd Nov
Recently I purchased 4 items which obviously I asked for the sender (a business) to combine if possible & utilise reduced costs to save money, packaging, bother for both of us.

The item was 28kg booked weight. (at sellers end)
I received the partial order (one box) which was 15 kg less than it should be ..made up of the missing item, a sack of dog food.

Contacted seller who immediately accused DPD of stealing & stated they'd check it out & get back to me.

I opened a case so that they'd move their butts a bit to resolve it (slow answering mails, ignoring most phone calls about items badly listed (lacking detail) as a precaution.

No contact thereafter from seller who simply sent a tracking number (the one box).
Ebay in its cruddy procedural "wisdom" closed the case based on alleged receipt of goods. ..talk about blind.

No further contact from seller.

I did of course contact courier, get the "booked weight" vs "actual weight" which was missing 15kg ..not rocket science to know therefore it was not included.

Advised by DPD that its a civil matter if the seller doesn't respond.

..SO that's the scenario, how do I get through the algorithms of Ebay & resolve this?

Yes I can go to court on the matter, messaged the seller to verify weights with DPD & get back to me, however I doubt they will.

Options?

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
paypal case? or can you not do that after having an ebay case?
Dont forget to leave a very bad review
Paid with PayPal? Sounds like the only folks who can help you here? Another idea might be to call ebay CS and point out their blind lack of attention to detail
I had something similar happen to me a couple of years ago. Only similar though. I don’t think we looked into the weights then but I bought various items from one seller and he said that he’d packed them into 2 boxes which I signed for but there was a bulky item missing that could no way have been in any of the boxes as the boxes just wouldn’t have been big enough. I opened a case and after a lot of frustrating communication EBay paid me back out of their own pocket as apparently none of us were at fault.
Not a similar case to yours, but I didn’t accept eBays final decision and still argued against it, as I knew I was right. They did reverse it
You said you opened a case... Was it a not as described case?
juggler123/11/2019 16:48

Not a similar case to yours, but I didn’t accept eBays final decision and s …Not a similar case to yours, but I didn’t accept eBays final decision and still argued against it, as I knew I was right. They did reverse it

How / where did you go to argue it?
cheers
Well as it was meant to be 4 items I opened a "not received" case thinking the "schleps" at ebay would read / algorithm it & see I was on about multiple items 2 of which I had subsequently left positive feedback with 2 outstanding / awaiting!
But no, for all its billions Ebay is retarded in terms of rationale.
More annoyed at the lack of assistance from DPD with their account holder (who blamed them initially).

I have no qualms id'ing the seller it is eliteliquidations2019 based in N.I.
You did a few things wrong. 1 don't open a case when the seller is looking into it (scammers always open cases). 2 by opening a not received case ebay would have automatically closed the case as it was tracked. 3 any feedback you leave will not be removed because you lost the case.

Only possible solution is to try and speak to an eaby rep in the UK and explain you didn't realise what would happen when opened the case.
Mr_Gus23/11/2019 17:21

How / where did you go to argue it?cheers

Think I rang them
Didn't think they were contactable via phone these days? ..years ago when a powerseller on our other account & not disheartened by ebay systems we had a phoneline, boy was it needed too! ..but left ebay as they screwed us over too many times & messed up our account saying we owed money when we didn't ..they are cardboard humans! (& the system has changed radically since we jumped off).
if you / anyone can direct me to it on the site that'd be very much appreciated
Mr_Gus23/11/2019 21:54

Didn't think they were contactable via phone these days? ..years ago when …Didn't think they were contactable via phone these days? ..years ago when a powerseller on our other account & not disheartened by ebay systems we had a phoneline, boy was it needed too! ..but left ebay as they screwed us over too many times & messed up our account saying we owed money when we didn't ..they are cardboard humans! (& the system has changed radically since we jumped off).if you / anyone can direct me to it on the site that'd be very much appreciated

I thought you used to be able to change a INR case to a SNAD case.

I would get on the phone to eBay and explain the situation to them.

Tell them what has happened they should be able to help when you explain you opened the wrong kind of case.
Definitely get in touch with ebay via phone, they are pretty good. I got scammed with buying a MacBook empty box scam. Although it took a little while, all was resolved and I can also say the staff actually listened to me rather than on the chat where as a seller at least they tend not to listen to everything you have to say.
I have had something similar with eBay. Case was closed in favour of the seller. Contacted eBay by phone and they refunded me out there own pocket. Has happened to me twice but if eBay can see that you made a effort to resolve the issue the call handler do use there common sense.
Ok, so "WOW" ..rang ebay via the available but not stright forward to find on site mumber, got through to ireland, then put through elsewhere,

Semi sorted IF they listened to me (the hadn't read my inital comment on the ebay item not received complaint) when this all started which would have resolved the issue i'm told!
Thanks all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions