Contagion VR: Outbreak - An Intense Survival-Horror Game for Vive and Rift

Found 24th Jan
I did not play the demo (which is available on Steam store at the moment), but I managed to wet myself only watching the demo on Youtube. In my opinion, it appears to be a far more scary experience than Resident Evil (VR mode).

Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments
Yet to try this but people are raving about it.
Not Gunna watch the vid and spoil it
Original Poster
geebeegooner5 m ago

Yet to try this but people are raving about it.Not Gunna watch the vid and …Yet to try this but people are raving about it.Not Gunna watch the vid and spoil it

If this not going to be a short game and gives you 15-20 hours of game play, with amount of details and possibilities they put into it, I think it is going to be an epic game. Epic... maybe because it is a VR experience...
mixmixi6 m ago

If this not going to be a short game and gives you 15-20 hours of game …If this not going to be a short game and gives you 15-20 hours of game play, with amount of details and possibilities they put into it, I think it is going to be an epic game. Epic... maybe because it is a VR experience...

Just reading steam forums and looking at the screenshots
Think I'm going to try it later on.
15-20 hours sounds excellent, resident evil is still the only game to this day I've put near that time into.

Was waiting on an announcement from capcom today regarding vr support for resident evil 7 on PC.
Doesn't look like it's happening
Original Poster
geebeegooner20 m ago

Just reading steam forums and looking at the screenshots Think I'm … Just reading steam forums and looking at the screenshots Think I'm going to try it later on.15-20 hours sounds excellent, resident evil is still the only game to this day I've put near that time into.Was waiting on an announcement from capcom today regarding vr support for resident evil 7 on PC.Doesn't look like it's happening

Slightly different story-lines between this and RE. This is more of a zombie apocalypse type of game so I expect to see less puzzles here. I really hope it is not a glorious demo and then it would be epic. I don't have a Vive etc and not planning to buy one but I will be watching someone playing this on Youtube whilst hiding under the blanket.
mixmixi3 m ago

Slightly different story-lines between this and RE. This is more of a …Slightly different story-lines between this and RE. This is more of a zombie apocalypse type of game so I expect to see less puzzles here. I really hope it is not a glorious demo and then it would be epic. I don't have a Vive etc and not planning to buy one but I will be watching someone playing this on Youtube whilst hiding under the blanket.

Well it won't be me on YouTube.
I was screaming like a girl playing resi
Original Poster
geebeegooner2 m ago

Well it won't be me on YouTube.I was screaming like a girl playing resi …Well it won't be me on YouTube.I was screaming like a girl playing resi

You played it at least. I, shamefully didn't even dare to test the disc to see if it is working or not....
mixmixi1 m ago

You played it at least. I, shamefully didn't even dare to test the disc to …You played it at least. I, shamefully didn't even dare to test the disc to see if it is working or not....

Massively missed out.
Best VR game to date for me even the pancake version is good.
Original Poster
geebeegooner2 m ago

Massively missed out.Best VR game to date for me even the pancake version …Massively missed out.Best VR game to date for me even the pancake version is good.

I had to choose between heat attack and that... I know I am missing a lot but yet, I am soft inside.
mixmixi5 m ago

I had to choose between heat attack and that... I know I am missing a lot …I had to choose between heat attack and that... I know I am missing a lot but yet, I am soft inside.

I'm the same. Just had To push through it.
My dog wouldn't come near me for days cause I was acting strange playing it.
Coming to PSVR too
Original Poster
MSK.51 s ago

Coming to PSVR too

Didn't know that, thanks!
The voice acting was pretty painful.
Original Poster
catbeans8 m ago

The voice acting was pretty painful.

I noticed that too but I think at the same time they intentionally did it that way. It felt more natural to me to have oridinary acotrs for voice over for a VR game. I may well be wrong and that maybe related to budget reasons, IDK.
mixmixi7 m ago

I noticed that too but I think at the same time they intentionally did it …I noticed that too but I think at the same time they intentionally did it that way. It felt more natural to me to have oridinary acotrs for voice over for a VR game. I may well be wrong and that maybe related to budget reasons, IDK.

On the steam forums they said it's a placeholder and will be changed on full release with pro actors.
Original Poster
geebeegooner1 m ago

On the steam forums they said it's a placeholder and will be changed on …On the steam forums they said it's a placeholder and will be changed on full release with pro actors.

I honestly did not go through the forum. You are deeply reading about it, obviously. Thanks for the info, I did not know it mate.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants