Contemplating selling some stuff on ebay...

8 replies
Found 1st Jun 2010
Just a few questions...

Do you pay an insertion fee when its sold, or when you list it? (want to start it at a higher price)

When posting, is sending 1st/2nd class, getting a proof of postage, suitable? will probably just be some old games and things...

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

if you start it high you will pay fees, start it at 0.99 and it will be free

Always send things recorded, thats what i do, and charge about £2.99 per item 1st class recorded. If i were you i would list them as buy it nows, as its cheaper than an auction when the item ends.

insertion fee is added to your account when you list the item. Final value fee when its sold.
I'd follow khy86's advice.

edit: just before you're about to list/submit item for sale, there will be a summary of your insertion fee(s) and final value fee, if item sells.

khy86;8739958

if you start it high you will pay fees, start it at 0.99 and it will be … if you start it high you will pay fees, start it at 0.99 and it will be freeAlways send things recorded, thats what i do, and charge about £2.99 per item 1st class recorded. If i were you i would list them as buy it nows, as its cheaper than an auction when the item ends.

If I can just butt in for a moment, if you send recorded do you know if you can still use pay pay to print all the post office labels and prof of posting and recorded info ??

steve1221;8740046

If I can just butt in for a moment, if you send recorded do you know if … If I can just butt in for a moment, if you send recorded do you know if you can still use pay pay to print all the post office labels and prof of posting and recorded info ??

no idea about that, but i would doubt it, as they usually scan everything in but not 100% sure.

Everything i do is at the PO

Original Poster

listed my first item! put it down as Recorded 2nd class.

whats all this about labels?!? presumably i just write the address on as usual...

Banned

emhaslam;8740558

listed my first item! put it down as Recorded 2nd class.whats all this … listed my first item! put it down as Recorded 2nd class.whats all this about labels?!? presumably i just write the address on as usual...

yeah, dont worry about them! its just a paypal thing to print labels, but i never use it

emhaslam;8740558

listed my first item! put it down as Recorded 2nd class.whats all this … listed my first item! put it down as Recorded 2nd class.whats all this about labels?!? presumably i just write the address on as usual...

Yeah, as above. You can, if you want, use pay pal to buy the postage and print out the address labels.

I only do because my post office is usually full of oap's getting their pensions and I want be in and out as fast as poss !
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Wow apple you really are bad2027
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2747
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247658
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769550

See more discussions