Content insurance question

Posted 29th Dec 2019
Had contents insurance, forgot to renew 6 months ago. If I get a new policy would I qualify for 1 year NCB as I did not claim during the first year?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Yes. Just tell them what's happened. Not a major issue. You won't be the first or last.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 29th Dec 2019
It can depend on the insurer. Most defer NCB but it's at their discretion as to how long. My car insurer; for instance; will defer NCB for two years. Some will be more, some less. Just ask how long they defer and they should tell you.
I was under the impression that any No claims bonus you accumulate is valid for up to 2 years,
I would however recommend shopping around and comparing quotes and cover regardless of any No Claim Bonus entitlement
NCB doesn't apply to contents insurance. do you actually mean contents insurance or car insurance??
mutley129/12/2019 13:37

NCB doesn't apply to contents insurance. do you actually mean contents …NCB doesn't apply to contents insurance. do you actually mean contents insurance or car insurance??

Some contents insurers offer NCD within its marketing pitch, such as Sainsburys Bank sainsburysbank.co.uk/hom…unt
AndyRoyd29/12/2019 14:15

Some contents insurers offer NCD within its marketing pitch, such as …Some contents insurers offer NCD within its marketing pitch, such as Sainsburys Bank https://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/home-insurance/no-claim-discount

in the days when i had contents insurance, a claim never increased the premium by much as theft from a property is often a one off and the risk for the area is already assessed based on crime statistics for the neighbourhood. people also become more vigilant after a theft and will often install tighter security for the property.

NCB doesn't apply to contents insurance. do you actually mean contents …NCB doesn't apply to contents insurance. do you actually mean contents insurance or car insurance??

Yes contents insurance.

Sadly you're completely wrong. Please don't give out information unless you know it to be correct.
deeky29/12/2019 18:30

Sadly you're completely wrong. Please don't give out information unless …Sadly you're completely wrong. Please don't give out information unless you know it to be correct.

Hmmmm I can't believe Mutley would give false information
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 29th Dec 2019
Tomorrow I'll check on comparison site and check the field information for many any notes and call the insurance to clarify too.
rimalpatel00729/12/2019 17:42

Yes contents insurance.

that is the first time i have heard to NCD for contents insurance. i have only ever come across this for car insurance. for contents and buildings insurance when you get a quote from the comparison site, it asks you if you have made a claim within the last 5 years, and if the answer is yes, then it asks you to list what you had claimed. but not specifically a reduction for each year of no claims like you would do with car insurance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions