Found 13th Dec 2016
Anyone know if content lock EE is by phone or account

Have 2 mobiles on wife's account and going to buy third for 12 year old and would like setting moderate (ours is off) think 3 settings strict, moderate, and off

6 Comments

Best bet would be to check once you get the phone see if the content lock is active or not then contact the provider customer service who will activate it not

Hi there it's by mobile number when you get the phone you can request to have content lock enabled and it will just be for that particular mobile number, there's either content lock removed or content lock enabled, also may I suggest you ask to have premium texts and numbers blocked Aswell as that way no text based subscriptions can be joined even by accident. Hope that answers your question
Edited by: "msjames" 13th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Thanks guys

Content lock will only work if using mobile data, this can be circumvented by using WiFi, you would need to apply 'content locks' on that as well. It's not as straightforward but it can be done. You would also probably want to do it with apps that can be downloaded also!

Parental controls! That's the phrase I was looking for! Adjust your parental controls on your home network, most ISP provide a way to do this

Original Poster

Know how to do it in wifi network but just wanted to know if it was device or account as 3 phones will be on same account and needed different for 3 of them

But thanks i now know
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions