contents insurance question

Found 28th Apr
So our tv isn't repairable and been told by i insurance company we can either have replacement (not the same spec) or have a voucher to spend in store. Personally we would prefer the money to shop around. Is this common practices i always thought and been told you can request a cheque also???
Community Updates
7 Comments
It would depend on the company and their terms and conditions.
I have heard of vouches to spend in certain shops. Good for them and partners i guess. Not so good for you although depends on voucher value
Edited by: "wayners" 28th Apr
People profiting from spurious and frequent claims leads to insurance companies protecting themselves. A voucher is obviously fine.
How old is the TV? If it is less than 6 years, do somee research on 'Durable' and think about the Consumer Rights act definitions of Quality and Fit for Purpose.

As ano0ther poster said, it's the Ts&Cs of your policy that determine what you are eligible for as a replacement. And that may be more than the advisor has been told to admit to when call handling
ccnp1 h, 38 m ago

How old is the TV? If it is less than 6 years, do somee research on …How old is the TV? If it is less than 6 years, do somee research on 'Durable' and think about the Consumer Rights act definitions of Quality and Fit for Purpose.As ano0ther poster said, it's the Ts&Cs of your policy that determine what you are eligible for as a replacement. And that may be more than the advisor has been told to admit to when call handling

2 months old. Fell off to stand due to an accident and I'm covered for accidental damage
Which insurer? Look them up on Trustpilot and other sites. Name and shame/warn others.

Subject as ever to the Ts&Cs of your contract and your own record as an insured person, it sounds like you are being treated unreasonably harshly. Unless you bought end of range, it should be in stock somewhere. The stockist may not be the insurers preferred supplier but that's their problem, not yours. I would be tempted to check your position with the Ombudsman.

If your insurance premium was over £100 and you paid by credit card, you can hold the credit card company equally liable under Section 75 of the 74 act.
ccnp19 h, 6 m ago

Which insurer? Look them up on Trustpilot and other sites. Name and …Which insurer? Look them up on Trustpilot and other sites. Name and shame/warn others. Subject as ever to the Ts&Cs of your contract and your own record as an insured person, it sounds like you are being treated unreasonably harshly. Unless you bought end of range, it should be in stock somewhere. The stockist may not be the insurers preferred supplier but that's their problem, not yours. I would be tempted to check your position with the Ombudsman.If your insurance premium was over £100 and you paid by credit card, you can hold the credit card company equally liable under Section 75 of the 74 act.

Hi thanks for reply I mentioned to them that the one they're offering maybe more expensive but isn't same spec and they offered me the money instead taking the £50 excess off it. So happy days even if I had decided to go for that model they offered or the vouchers I would of still paid the fifty excess anyway so easier me taking the cash and them minusing the excess
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants