Groups

Continuosly being prompted to enter verification code in eBay

In eBay,I am continuously getting 'Enter a verification code to continue'. I get this numerous times while I'm in My ebay or even to get to the help section. I have contacted help which has been useless. I have cleared my cache and getting ithe prompt with IE and Chrome on 2 different user ID's. So far, I have only tried it on one computer in the office. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

10 Comments

Call them

Original Poster

joshp

Call them

Thank you, i've already tried to but the numpty thought I was making it up

kakinyemi

Thank you, i've already tried to but the numpty thought I was making it up

It's not something anyone here can help with since eBay would need to resolve it but upload a screenshot here of the page and I may be able to advise.

Original Poster

Thanks again.
    This has now been resolved. I suspected it was my PC as I was getting the same error in 3 different browsers on 2 accounts. I got my husband to use his PC to test on both accounts and they were OK so I knew it had to be my PC. Suddenly it dawned upon me that I had some Microsoft updates installed this morning, i removed one of the updates installed today and voila it's back to normal. Offending Security Update is KB3193821

Original Poster

mgb20

Answer here

Thanks, i found that earlier post but it didn't resolve for me

kakinyemi

Thanks again.This has now been resolved. I suspected it was my PC as I … Thanks again.This has now been resolved. I suspected it was my PC as I was getting the same error in 3 different browsers on 2 accounts. I got my husband to use his PC to test on both accounts and they were OK so I knew it had to be my PC. Suddenly it dawned upon me that I had some Microsoft updates installed this morning, i removed one of the updates installed today and voila it's back to normal. Offending Security Update is KB3193821

It may come back. It could be that you're using the eBay account on another device i.e. a different IP. I did this for months with my father's account and then randomly had the same issue. Gave eBay a call and they resolved straight away. A windows update would have nothing to do with that.

I'm having the same issue!

i use linux

Original Poster

joshp

It may come back. It could be that you're using the eBay account on … It may come back. It could be that you're using the eBay account on another device i.e. a different IP. I did this for months with my father's account and then randomly had the same issue. Gave eBay a call and they resolved straight away. A windows update would have nothing to do with that.

That's a possibility but I don't think that was my issue as I regulary logon to diffrent laptops at home and in the office at the same time and never experience it before.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best VR games?11
      2. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)817
      3. Gaming PC Upgrade Help22
      4. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER56

See more discussions