Groups

Contract Mobiles

Hi

Just a query , I have been with orange for a few years currently on a contract where by I get 500 mins and 1 k texts for £25 a month, they have now offered me 3 months before the end of my contract £45 900 mins and unlimited texts. Has anyone else haggled and got a different deal, or are there anyothers on other networks which are better, as Orange do a deal to match those

Cheers

12 Comments

Orange retentions seem poor unless you are a high spender.

If you are happy with your inclusive mins and text, keep it and try and haggle a lower price for the tariff and/or a new phone if you want it.

Just bear in mind going for either = new contract and ensure it's a contract period YOU want.

Original Poster

Hi, well I need more mins on top of the ones ive currently use, the texts allocation I dont normally send 1 k of texts a month!
    Has anyone used the three tariffs to get a better deal with their provider?

I'm not sure you can get more than 500mins without going onto a 18month contract, you should be able to get 700mins on Canary/Racoon 35 or 850mins on Canary Racoon 40

For 18x£35 or 18x£40 I would really try and get them to give you a discount on the tariff, but you haven't said if you want a new phone or not, which can really effect the deal you can get from Orange or elsewhere.

Also if you look elsewhere would you be disciplined enough to do cashbacks?

Original Poster

The offer given in the first post was for a nokia 6300 and the £45 tariff.

My last contract extension with them was for 12 months with the 500 mins etc

Original Poster

I just phoned orange they offered me 700 mins 100 txts unlimited calls to landlines for £15 or 900 mins 300 txts unlimited calls to landlines £25, all 18 month contracts

if the £15/m comes with a budget to midrange phone il;d take it

if you want a new top end phone i expect you need to take the £25 deal

or were they both phoneless?

Original Poster

Both tariffs come with the Nokia 6300

Grab the £15/month one is my recommendation unless you want a top end phone and if it meets your usage patterns.

Also bear in mind this is 18x£15 = £270 cost (£180/year equivilant), whereas if you went to a cashback contract you could have 12months free on T-Mobile FlexT 35 (600mins or 1200sms or mix thereof) with a 6300 but means the hassle and risk of cashback and no broadband subsidy.

Also because both are 18month contracts you might want to consider moving over to Orange's broadband if ur not already.

Their 2gb package will be free for you, their unlimited package £5/month charged seperately which comes with livebox and free landline calls to over 100 countries via VOIP both come with 12months contract, but wouldn't matter for those on 18month mobile contract...

Original Poster

Currently I have Cable, I might be able to get any phone, I didnt take up the offer but they kept jumping back with other offers saying these will be gone soon...the usual talk

If you don't mind Nokia's and want something higher spec than the 6300, have a browse through these:
    ]http//sh…all

and suggest the one you want?

Cassia

HiJust a query , I have been with orange for a few years currently on a … HiJust a query , I have been with orange for a few years currently on a contract where by I get 500 mins and 1 k texts for £25 a month, they have now offered me 3 months before the end of my contract £45 900 mins and unlimited texts. Has anyone else haggled and got a different deal, or are there anyothers on other networks which are better, as Orange do a deal to match thoseCheers

Just ring them up and tell them wot you hun. eg - for £30 i want free unlimited txt and 600 mins anytime any network and 100mins landline.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions