Groups

Contract Payments

I recently missed a payment to 02 for a routine monthly contract payment due to my own neglegance. Now they want to charge me £391.77 for the remainder of my contract.Can they legally do this, as i will be paying for services which i will not be recieving. has any1 else ever had this problem?

6 Comments

Banned

yes they can, read your T&C's though it's usually because you have missed multiple payments over the course of the contrac, and no I've never had this problem.

have you phoned them to discuss it? perhaps offer to set up a DD so it doesnt happen again.

if its ur first payment missed if you ring they may let you off, ur best bet tho if you have regualar payments going out of your bank each month is to ALWAYS set up a direct debit with whoever u with that way u Never miss a payment which could be very costly to you be it a credit card or in your case mobile contract

Be nice to the person on the phone and they should be ok if you set up a DD Oh and
    Welcome

Yes as others have said. I had a similar problem with car insurance once. I had an accident which wrote off my car just a few days after taking out a new pay monthly scheme. Even though the car was never used again i still had to honour the full yeras payment . So i was out of pocket with the car about £1000 ( as you never get what it is worth ) & had to pay over £400 to cover the next 11 + months for a scrapped vehicle :x

darren9030;4496657

Yes as others have said. I had a similar problem with car insurance once. … Yes as others have said. I had a similar problem with car insurance once. I had an accident which wrote off my car just a few days after taking out a new pay monthly scheme. Even though the car was never used again i still had to honour the full yeras payment . So i was out of pocket with the car about £1000 ( as you never get what it is worth ) & had to pay over £400 to cover the next 11 + months for a scrapped vehicle :x

Should have been able to transfer the policy to a new car? :thumbsup:
    Thats like saying if we get burgled the policy is void for the rest of the year:x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?22
      2. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22
      3. sky q is it a good deal?55
      4. Speccing a gaming pc37

See more discussions