Contract Renewal / Upgrade with Vodafone

Hi Guys -
I'm looking for abit of advice / any recommendations please from the guys in the know about mobile phone / contract tariffs.

I'm with Vodafone (and if i'm honest i haven't really had any problems with them upto now) - i've been a customer of theirs for 14 consecutive years and for convenience i will stay with them if the upgrade deal they offer is good.
My contract is available to upgrade tomorrow, i have the iphone 6 and to be fair the phone is still in great condition so rather than getting a new phone i'm considering keeping the handset and looking at getting my tariff brought down by going on sim only.

I currently pay Vodafone £43 a month for unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 3gb of data - Vodafone have said if i go to the Sim only option with them they can allow me 8gb of data, unlimited calls, unlimited texts and the price will go down to £21 - so alot more data and the tariff more or less halved.

Would just like to know is this a decent offer or are people aware of better deals for sim only? - afterall i have been with Vodafone 14 years so i would hope they are applying me some kind of loyalty discount here!

Cheers Nick

23 Comments

Wow Nick, I pay £21 for unlimited calls and text with 20GB date. I also get £30 cashback every 3 months so definitely look for a better deal.

I'm sure there's a better deal than you've been offered. I got £10.50 a month for unlimited mins and text, plus 6gb data. I have been with them for 15 years and it doesn't seem to phase them with loyalty anymore, you just have to find the right rep or ask to speak to a manager and see what they can possibly do. Say you will be willing to close the account if no decent offer is available to you.

You can get sim only contract from mobiles.co.uk on Vodafone for effective £12 per month. Unlt Mins Unlt Texts and 20GB data. You pay £20 per month and claim cashback by submitting bills online (takes five minutes and i have doing this for 10 years). The only diff part would be to transfer your number as you are already on Vodafone. Easiest is to port to another network and then port back to Vodafone.

Considering a new Voda customer can obtain unlim min+txts plus 20GB / month for £20 discounted to £12 via deal identified below, Voda need to try harder for you. You may need to request your PAC to encourage a better offer.
hotukdeals.com/dea…382

PSA
LOYALTY
DOES
NOT
PAY

Please do not delude yourself into thinking it does.

I am with vodafone also from 10 years now. When i was due an upgrade last month i did not get the phone rather asked them for a sim only contract. Simply told them i would be leaving if i do not get it cheaper. So right now i am paying £7 a month for unlimited data and minutes!!. You can also do the same trick

£4.50 7gb data everything else unlimited with EE, you've got a very BAD Deal

Original Poster

Thanks for all the info guys and please keep it coming with regards to what deals you have managed to get on Sim only.

Thankfully i havent signed up to anything yet and i fully intend to use the examples of deals you have highlighted when i tell Vodafone to improve their offer / deal - otherwise i will be going elsewhere.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/

£20 a month for 20gb data from vodafone on the above link, same deal you were offered is £17 a month. 12 month contracts. I would haggle with them a bit more.

You should be able to haggle a better deal, I've currently got same deal £15.99

Original Poster

## Latest Update ##
I have re-contacted Vodafone and told them i had done abit more groundwork on their offer and wanted an improved offer (i explained quite a few of the examples above).

They have said the retentions team could offer me the following offers........
4gb data, unlimited calls, unlimited texts for £13.20 or
8gb data, unlimited calls, unlimed texts for £16.20

Both of these deals are significantly better than what i was offered earlier in the day and much better than what im currently paying - although there nowhere near as good as the deal that Stoneblade has in comment #2. he gets 6gb and unlimited calls/texts for £10.50 a month... i want THAT deal !!

Edited by: "nick1981" 16th May

I'm also with Vodafone, but every year i cancel my contract at the end and renew through Mobiles.co.uk at the moment they are offering 20gb and all calls and text for £12, you have to switch to a payg sim for a few days though as they wont let you switch directly.

Original Poster

stuartpaton12

I'm also with Vodafone, but every year i cancel my contract at the end … I'm also with Vodafone, but every year i cancel my contract at the end and renew through Mobiles.co.uk at the moment they are offering 20gb and all calls and text for £12, you have to switch to a payg sim for a few days though as they wont let you switch directly.

Is their a link to this please and i will look at this its a great deal...... also if i can evidence this deal to vodafone cant they just match it and save me all the hassle of ending a tariff to take a new one out.

I was in your position in that I could leave but chose to remain and currently pay £19.20 for unltd/unltd/20gb

if you do not wish to go through the cashback hassle [which isn't to time consuming and pretty straight forward], then you should go for the $20 a month for 20gb data and unltd mins and texts. Then then get VEA applied to your account. If you can not get VEA or know of someone who can get it for you, then you are better off going through cashback.

nick1981

Is their a link to this please and i will look at this its a great … Is their a link to this please and i will look at this its a great deal...... also if i can evidence this deal to vodafone cant they just match it and save me all the hassle of ending a tariff to take a new one out.

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/
It's under sim only, every Three months you have to post your bill which can be done under PDF, iv'e been with them for over Four years and never had a problem getting cashback, the only annoying thing is going on payg for a week, but if Vodafone price match it then even better.

Original Poster

Hi guys - I just wanted to nip back on here and say thanks to all for your help.
I was going to look at the one where you get money back and have to submit your bills etc but in the end I opted for a steady offer of 8gb data and unlimited calls/texts for £14 a month
My average monthly data use is 2.8 so I think the 8gb will be plenty. I'm happy at paying 14 quid so all sorted now for 12 months... much better than the 3gb data for 21 quid they offered me earlier in the day!

nick1981

Hi guys - I just wanted to nip back on here and say thanks to all for … Hi guys - I just wanted to nip back on here and say thanks to all for your help.I was going to look at the one where you get money back and have to submit your bills etc but in the end I opted for a steady offer of 8gb data and unlimited calls/texts for £14 a monthMy average monthly data use is 2.8 so I think the 8gb will be plenty. I'm happy at paying 14 quid so all sorted now for 12 months... much better than the 3gb data for 21 quid they offered me earlier in the day!

I really can not understand why they just couldn't offer you something like this in the first place, I mean if you've been with them for 14 years that certainly must count for something.

stuartpaton12

I'm also with Vodafone, but every year i cancel my contract at the end … I'm also with Vodafone, but every year i cancel my contract at the end and renew through Mobiles.co.uk at the moment they are offering 20gb and all calls and text for £12, you have to switch to a payg sim for a few days though as they wont let you switch directly.

If you port your number to payg don't you have to wait for 30 days before you can port it again?

My heart sank when I seen you paid £41 per month , if you can afford too I'd always recommend buying a phone out right and getting a sim only deal , to be honest I think Vodafone are not competitive in the slightest , I'm with 3 and I get 600 minutes , unlimited text and 30gb of data for £18 a month (was a recent deal they had ) Obviously it depends on your usuage but don't feel like you have to stay with one company when there are much better deals out there

uk3g

If you port your number to payg don't you have to wait for 30 days before … If you port your number to payg don't you have to wait for 30 days before you can port it again?

Some companies you may have to wait longer, but every time iv'e ported its been with Asda or Tesco and i normally change back again after a few days, (just say the reception isn't very good or you can't pick up 4g)

ElgyVeeten

Wow Nick, I pay £21 for unlimited calls and text with 20GB date. I also … Wow Nick, I pay £21 for unlimited calls and text with 20GB date. I also get £30 cashback every 3 months so definitely look for a better deal.

That's what I get too:) plus spotify premium free:)

Will Vodafone call you back once you cancel? I've requested my PAC although I don't want to leave I can get a far better deal through e2save.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Pond Pump22
    2. Laser eye surgery33
    3. Selling advice33
    4. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)711

See more discussions