Groups

Contract Simcard used in a 3g Netbook/adapter?

If i were to put the simcard from my contract phone
    (500 mins, unlimited text + unlimited data) into a 3g Netbook or one of those 3g simcard usb dongle thingys would i be able to connect to the internet just fine? (obv signal depending) without costing me any extra on my bill?

Would it work?
    Would it cost anything extra?

4 Comments

good point, i know some have been moaned at for using thier smartphone as a modem when they have an unlimited data plan, but i too would like to know if this could be done..

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;4540319

good point, i know some have been moaned at for using thier smartphone as … good point, i know some have been moaned at for using thier smartphone as a modem when they have an unlimited data plan, but i too would like to know if this could be done..

i know! its just im due a new contract soon a nd was considering buying a netbook so if i could just take the sim out and pop it into the computer it would be great!

I *think* so but not sure. I have done the reverse and put a dongle sim into a normal handset and it works fine for data so I would think the opposite would work too.

You'll be using data a lot faster and may fall foul of the fair usage policy (1 gig a month on some networks) with each meg over being charged for . . .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions