CONTROL PS4 Ultimate Edition - free for current digital game + season pass owners

Posted 10th Sep
Morning all,
so today during my cursory wander around my regular websites I popped over to the UK Playstation store to see if anything new.

As well as Gemini Wing on Arcade Archives (still waiting for Rastan Saga) I noticed CONTROL Ultimate Edition was up there for purchase.

Now I was one of the mildly annoyed mob who had bought both the game & the season pass and so was slightly peeved I was expected to fork out again for the PS5 upgrade version.

BUT, it says on my store that it's already Purchased, so looks like either someones let it slip through the net or there's been a policy change at 505 games.
Can't imagine they'd now backtrack on this, but I redownloaded from that link anyway, I suggest you all take a look especially if thinking about upgrading to PS5.

For the record, I originally bought the digital basic version of the game, and then the season pass separately in a sale - I did not buy the deluxe version although it is technically the same, nor did I own it on disk.

Looks like you have to be logged in any a previous owner for it to show up on the homepage.

Cheers!
3540859.jpg
Community Updates
5 Comments
Looks like it could have been a flash in the pan now, the link now goes to the original version when clicked on, and the title pic on the store has been replaced with a placeholder. I'll probably go back to my mildly miffed state about this game now.
False alarm folks, thank goodness I didn't press the big red 'glitch' button.
Not a glitch they've backtracked on their original statement after their PR blunder

gearnuke.com/con…rs/
B.B10/09/2020 10:28

Not a glitch they've backtracked on their original statement after their …Not a glitch they've backtracked on their original statement after their PR blunder https://gearnuke.com/control-ultimate-edition-reportedly-fee-for-season-pass-owners/

And it's gone again.

Still maybe they were testing things out after the backtracking you mentioned, although that story says similar to what I found.
Fingers crossed then!
B.B10/09/2020 10:28

Not a glitch they've backtracked on their original statement after their …Not a glitch they've backtracked on their original statement after their PR blunder https://gearnuke.com/control-ultimate-edition-reportedly-fee-for-season-pass-owners/

I'd say unless they put out a statement I wouldnt be so sure.

People are saying its vanished again.

From their initial statement its hard to see them U-Turning...
Post a comment
@
    Text