Control your Xbox One console with Google Assistant

Posted 27th Sep
I've been using this feature on the Amazon Alexa for quite some time now and it's super handy to have, so it's absolutely fantastic news that Google Home owners can now use Google Assistant to control their Xbox One.

3301061-Wbw34.jpg
  • “Hey Google, play Gears 5 on Xbox.”
  • “Hey Google, turn on Xbox.”
  • “Hey Google, turn off Xbox.”
  • “Hey Google, launch YouTube on Xbox.”
  • “Hey Google, pause on Xbox.”
  • “Hey Google, resume on Xbox.”
  • “Hey Google, volume up on Xbox.”
  • “Hey Google, take a screenshot on Xbox.”

These are some of the actions available with voice commands via the Google Home device.

Here’s how to get started with the beta:

1. Join the Xbox Google Group with the Google Account you intend to use 2. Sign into your Xbox
3. In the Google Home app for iOS or Android:

Tap “+ Add” Tap “Set up device” Tap “Have something already set up?” Search for and select “[beta] Xbox”
4. Sign in with the Microsoft account you use on Xbox 5. Follow the instructions to link your Xbox and give it a device name

I'm not entirely sure it applies here, although I'd imagine it would. One thing that gave me a headache when associating my Alexa devices to my Xbox One was the 'Digital Assistant' setting in the Xbox settings. Remember to ensure this is activated

3301061-bEGNV.jpg
[Credit to Major Nelson for the walkthrough]
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

5 Comments
Not working for me, says sign in and then linking then nothing
This is amazing! I wish Sony did this for PS4.
Edited by: "jamie15" 27th Sep
“Hey Google, stop spying on me and stealing my personal data"

Got it to work,..... finally! Thanks
mikewadkins3527/09/2019 14:17

Not working for me, says sign in and then linking then nothing

If no devices are found, try enabling the Digital Assistants setting on your console (Settings > Kinect & Devices > Digital Assistants)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants