Groups

Convert protected AAC (mp4) to mp3

Hi all;

I have an audiobook on iTunes that is a protected mp4 and want to convert to mp3 to play on my htc hero as it wont play currently.

I have burnt a data dvd with a view to putting it back in my pc to convert back to mp3 using windows media player but it doesnt work. Anyone got any tips or software idea's?

Thanks

10 Comments

Have you made it into an audio CD then ripped it back?

Original Poster

I tried doing this but it would fit on one cd. I did start putting it on more than one cd but I quicky realised that it would take a hell of a lot of cds to work.

The data DVD is 1.4 gig for some reason?!

Original Poster

I meant **wouldn't fit** on one cd

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Select it in iTunes, click advanced at the top and click create mp3 … Select it in iTunes, click advanced at the top and click create mp3 version. Simples. Or you can pay like 20p extra and buy (upgrade to) the none copy protected version from itunes instead.

The mp3 version wont fit on a normal cd therefore I put it on a dvd...but it has created a data dvd for some strange reason?!

Original Poster

I get this message when I try and make an mp3 cd

iTunes store files cannot be burnt to an MP3 CD

your not trying to create an mp3 CD you need to create an audio CD

Original Poster

MinstrelMan

your not trying to create an mp3 CD you need to create an audio CD

I know but I have tried to create an audio cd. It wont fit onto a cd therefore I have put a dvd in. It wont let me create an audio cd on a dvd...stupid thing!

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Why are you even putting it on a disk, read what I said and do it and you … Why are you even putting it on a disk, read what I said and do it and you will have no problems, stop trying to use a disk, as your phone doesn't have a disk drive so it's pointless and a waste of time.

Ah didn't read you property first time. Just doing that now....it seems too easy?! I'm just wondering where the new mp3 file will b placed...I'll just wait and see.

Original Poster

Thank you by the way...would rep but havent got a clue how to on this new site

Original Poster

yes mate...took a lifetime but worked. thanks for your help!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963022
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …237758
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…914
      4. Your dream gaming set up?2346

See more discussions