Convert X to DVD problem burning

12 replies
Found 18th Mar 2009
I have been using convertxtodvd for a couple of years all with generally no problem, but withing the last week i have tried to convert and burn 3 different films to dvd and everytime it says "operation completed" but the the DVD's are empty, i have the burn to disc options set etc,

I have tried using Nero to burn the converted dvd file vob that was created by convert x to dvd etc to another disc, it says completed again and still the discs are empty??, i have tried 2 different types of DVD disc and they are still empty, and suggestions please

1. Misc
  2. DVD
  3. Movie
12 Comments

You checked the folders, to see if they have any videos in it? I usaully convert it with that and burn using Nero as much better and also noticed had problems with the DVD player playing the ones burned using ConvertXtoDVD!

Original Poster

Naeem786;4671794

You checked the folders, to see if they have any videos in it? I usaully … You checked the folders, to see if they have any videos in it? I usaully convert it with that and burn using Nero as much better and also noticed had problems with the DVD player playing the ones burned using ConvertXtoDVD!

Yes, i have checked the folders after i have converted and they contain the audio_ts and video t_s, burned the video_ts using nero (i have the files in the folder) and the disc still comes up empty:x

clondikemike;4671877

Yes, i have checked the folders after i have converted and they contain … Yes, i have checked the folders after i have converted and they contain the audio_ts and video t_s, burned the video_ts using nero (i have the files in the folder) and the disc still comes up empty:x

If all the files are there then dont know what the problem is? It may a an issue with your burner?

Original Poster

Naeem786;4671897

If all the files are there then dont know what the problem is? It may a … If all the files are there then dont know what the problem is? It may a an issue with your burner?

Hmm, thats what im thinking now, never had a problem in the past, damn Medion Akoya pile of tosh, only 10 months old and cost me £600, only pc in the house and i need it for business so im not really able to take the pile of rubbish back

clondikemike;4671911

Hmm, thats what im thinking now, never had a problem in the past, damn … Hmm, thats what im thinking now, never had a problem in the past, damn Medion Akoya pile of tosh, only 10 months old and cost me £600, only pc in the house and i need it for business so im not really able to take the pile of rubbish back

Just get an external DVD drive? I had issues with burning DVD's which was with them Taiyo Dye DVD's but been using Ri-Disc and never had probelms with them!! Try burning an audio CD and check like that?

Original Poster

Will try that now and come back to you in a minute:)

Original Poster

Just burned 3 tracks to a CD and disc is still empty, so it must be the burner, cheers for your help +1

Get Nero, its excellent for converting

Original Poster

Jacob_Kreed;4672456

Get Nero, its excellent for converting

its not the convertor its the hardware:x (and i cant find my sainsburys receipt to make things worse!!),

I have just inserted a DVD that i burnt a while ago, it works on my PS3 but it is recognised as being blank when i insert it in my laptop?? whats all that about?

Hang on... hang on...try a different buring software there are a guzillion free ones...STARBURN is v.v.vgood...burn something with that...if it comes out blank...then it might be the drive itself.

you can get a new burner for 15 quid,

Original Poster

Alfonse;4674120

you can get a new burner for 15 quid,

Laptop was only released 8th August last year ( i think i bought it the week after) so its only 7 months old and i paid £600 for it (lowered the price by £100 3 months later:x) so it shouldnt be knackered by now, i hardly every use the dvd drive, in fact i think i have used it a dozen or so times
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions