Groups

Converting avi files for standalone divx player

Got some documentaries in avi format off a friend that wont play in my divx player,The player is a LG HT752TH. When i try to play the files it does'nt say that they are not compatable it just skips to the next file on the disc. Some time ago on hukd i remember somebody mentioned an app like winavi that has a setting for standalone divx players. I have searched, but to no avail. I have fumbled around with autoGK & the result was the same.
    Any help would be much appreciated.Ty.

9 Comments

i dont have a divx dvd player, but it could be just framerate is wrong, so try re-encode to 25fps
    im not certain though

It could be that your the avis are packed bitstreams and your DVD player doesn't support them, try unpacking them with ]Mpeg4Modifier, download from one of the Softpedia mirrors on the right hand side

Original Poster

thanks guy's, will give them a try r added

dvd players that play divx don't seem to like .xvid format but seem ok with .avi format

Original Poster

steve187;6686129

dvd players that play divx don't seem to like .xvid format but seem ok … dvd players that play divx don't seem to like .xvid format but seem ok with .avi format

Yer its very hitty,missy esp with documentaries for some reason,everything else seem's to play fine.Saving for a wd tv,That should end my probs? Hopefully they will drop the price of the wd tv mk1 soon.

Banned

CONVERTXTODVD

tried loads over the years and this is the best by far

Original Poster

csiman;6689772

CONVERTXTODVDtried loads over the years and this is the best by far

Thanks for you're reply csi,
    I have already got that one mate,Great little app,much better that bloated Nero I want to keep the files as avi's.It's a space & time thing mate.Thanks again :thumbsup:

Banned

sil0;6689786

Thanks for you're reply csi,I have already got that one mate,Great little … Thanks for you're reply csi,I have already got that one mate,Great little app,much better that bloated Nero I want to keep the files as avi's.It's a space & time thing mate.Thanks again :thumbsup:

I see what you mean now.

in that case, install GSPOT which identifies the codec being used as well as lots of other info about the divx file so you can identify problem files before burning.

e.g.

headbands.com/gspot/

Original Poster

Thanks again csi,Will give it a go.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. FREE Odeon cinema ticket45
      2. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2121028
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767502
      4. Cat Chat77752

See more discussions