converting divx/avi/other files to DVD

9 replies
Found 2nd May 2007
Hi

i may need to burn a file to DVD so i can watch it on standalone dvd player at my mums?

what software can i use to do this

1. Misc
  2. DVD
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. DVD
10 Comments

Nero Vision Express is really easy to use, just drag and drop.

winavi or convertxtodvd are two of the most popular :thumbsup:

Nero Vision Express' compression is poo lol

a lot of people experience lip-sync issues when using Nero, I use DivxtoDvd (now Convertxto dvd) and if I want something in super-duper quality, I use Dvd Santa - takes longer and creates a bigger file on the disc.

jayhab

a lot of people experience lip-sync issues when using Nero

yup...bad, bad lip-sync problems. The one time i used it the video was delayed by about 10secs to the audio at least!!

BTW with winavi you still have to use Nero Burning ROM or something similar to burn the result to a DVD. ConvertXtoDVD does both the encoding and burning but does take a little longer than using winavi+neroBR

Never had a problem with nero 6 and I have done loads of films, home vids etc.

There are loads of programmes that can do the job you want - try download.com for some free trials.

Convertxtodvd is excellent and simply to use, highly recommended.

Johnnypanic

I have tried all the main ones and i assure you that WinAVI is the best by far. Converts anything to anything easily and takes about an hour to do an AVI to a DVD. Absolutely brilliant. Only issue i've had is it may be wrong size so may have to increase size of output. Easily sorted though :thumbsup:

Edit: I just read the part "at your mums"...sorry about below but after typing it, maybe someone will find useful

best thing is to get a divx dvd player (there are different versions), that way you just burn your files onto a normal dvd disc as data and then play in your player on the tv. Depending on the file sizes you can get 3-5 good quality movies on 1 dvd disc.

Original Poster

i have a divx player and i use usb to play my stuff

but i need to post something for my mum you see
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop11
    2. Windows 7 reactivation57
    3. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?69
    4. Wireless earphones46

See more discussions