converting .ts file to avi or mpeg?

Looking for software to convert a video file (.ts) to avi or mpeg.

anyone know of a good fast one?

14 Comments

I use Format Factory, it works great and converts almost every file
and its free too

i use VSO downloaded it this morning its great, theres no out of sync at all

Original Poster

cheers guys i'll have a look at them

Everything you'll ever need is here-

dvdvideosoft.com/

any luck with it Souljacker?

Original Poster

hyeah i had a go at that but it's still converting it! takes a while doesn't it?

souljacker;4759426

hyeah i had a go at that but it's still converting it! takes a while … hyeah i had a go at that but it's still converting it! takes a while doesn't it?

yeah, i converted Ironman from avi to mpeg, and it took about 2 or 3 hours lol.

VSO converts from avi to dvd in 15 mins

wickedteen;4760481

VSO converts from avi to dvd in 15 mins

is it free? the other free ones i tried done it fine but had watermark advertising on them

Do you even need to convert at all? It's a couple of years since I last had a .ts file to play with, but I'm fairly sure that .ts files recorded direct from freeview are straight rips of the Transport Stream, which itself is in MPEG2 format, so no conversion should be required, unless it's to turn the file into a h264 or dixv file. Otherwise, simply renaming .ts to .mpg, or setting WMP to open TS files should be fine.

i found when copied direct to a dvd it was out of sync, so i now use vso and its perfect

DarkKnight;4761646

is it free? the other free ones i tried done it fine but had watermark … is it free? the other free ones i tried done it fine but had watermark advertising on them

i will pm you a link to use

Use this its 100% free and does everything!!!!!

dvdvideosoft.com/

Original Poster

dxx;4761761

Do you even need to convert at all? It's a couple of years since I last … Do you even need to convert at all? It's a couple of years since I last had a .ts file to play with, but I'm fairly sure that .ts files recorded direct from freeview are straight rips of the Transport Stream, which itself is in MPEG2 format, so no conversion should be required, unless it's to turn the file into a h264 or dixv file. Otherwise, simply renaming .ts to .mpg, or setting WMP to open TS files should be fine.

as i've sian before renaming it does not work and a ts file will not play on my laptop
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions