Expired

cooker cable

Found 25th Feb
it states it requires H05RR-F cable which just seems a basic cable really,

it needs to be 1.5 mm as it only 3500 watts maxuim.

as it only for the oven and grill.

so i guess i just need a good flexible 3 core 1.5mm cable
Community Updates
AskElectronics
12 Comments
So whats the question?
that i don't need actual spec cable and can just use a good 3 core 1.5 mm cable
WRONG

Better fit a good fire alarm/smoke detector (preferably a battery model to keep you from wiring anything else up) if you are hell bent on bodging this. You quite obviously don't know what you are doing.

There's a fair chance your Buildings and Contents Insurer will deny liability if you proceed and have a fire. Any damage you cause to a neighboring property would be your liability and your insurer will reject your claim.

This is why the regs require a Competent Person to wire a kitchen appliance that doesn't have a 13 amp plug on it.

Please get an electrician. You, your family and neighbours are in danger.
i can fit a wire in no problem,its protected by rcd, i just want general advice on cable spec

i have fitted many thing's that have passed an elelctrian check.

so advice on a good cable used on electric cooker please,not opinions on who is ,who isn't allowed to fit cables
Edited by: "Pricklerickle" 25th Feb
So is this portable equipment you're trying to wire up?
Why not just use what it says?
Didn't you get a cable with it ?
I would put 2.5mm minimum as it works out around 15amps, 1.5mm is rated around 16-18amps max
Edited by: "mds1256" 25th Feb
cooker's don't come with cable and it second hand, i am having hard time finding cable and hear 1.5mm butyl cable will work just as fine,as it heat resistant and flexible,needs to be 1.5 mm as manual says and only 3.5kw maxuim
3500 /240 is about 14.5 amp's

i gonna nip down to hard ware electric shop torrmow and just get it from there, as there will know, and then find cheapest gas man corgi to fit it, think lowest price i find so far is 60,

i know he test it and make it safe but 60 quid to just unscrew and screw in a pipe.
Edited by: "Pricklerickle" 25th Feb
jonmarz8912 m ago

cooker's don't come with cable and it second hand, i am having hard time …cooker's don't come with cable and it second hand, i am having hard time finding cable and hear 1.5mm butyl cable will work just as fine,as it heat resistant and flexible,needs to be 1.5 mm as manual says and only 3.5kw maxuim3500 /240 is about 14.5 amp'si gonna nip down to hard ware electric shop torrmow and just get it from there, as there will know, and then find cheapest gas man corgi to fit it, think lowest price i find so far is 60,i know he test it and make it safe but 60 quid to just unscrew and screw in a pipe.

Depends which hardware store you go to, they may not know what HO5-RRF cable is.

Another reference for it is 318TRS, commonly used in pond pumps and water features.

I'd use 3183TQ 1.5mm heat resistant flex as seen here ; screwfix.com/p/n…03t

Re gas man, Corgi are no more, Gas Safe replaced them in 2009.
andynicol19 m ago

Depends which hardware store you go to, they may not know what HO5-RRF …Depends which hardware store you go to, they may not know what HO5-RRF cable is.Another reference for it is 318TRS, commonly used in pond pumps and water features.I'd use 3183TQ 1.5mm heat resistant flex as seen here ; https://www.screwfix.com/p/nexans-heat-resistant-flex-3183tq-3-core-1-5mm-5m-white/5703tRe gas man, Corgi are no more, Gas Safe replaced them in 2009.

yes i heard that name popping up, it just confusing cause there no mention of cooker's but for pond's and such but it's only a 3.5kw as i guess full cookers are about 10kw.

but i just can't stand a electric hob,so much prefer gas
well cooker plugged in, got new bulb ordered, check electrical meter and Watts seemed to match and tempture seemed fine, had burning smell for bit but expected as probably not ised for bit. i just got to wait for gas man to fit it in torrmow, then we cooking 🐒
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants