Cooking disaster

Found 21st Jan
Could someone please help, so today Iv been at work all day and came home to a lovely cooked dinner. ( I don't cook because my time shifts at work so don't really pay attention to food in cupboards etc..) so Iv sat there and ate the whole of my minted lamb chop dinner. Iv then done the washing up and cleaned kitchen to then find a packet on the side that says "DO NOT REFREEZE" I asked other half if when he brought the minted lamb chops he froze them he said yes and said he didn't see the label. So I'm concerned that he's now gave us both food poisoning. Could someone please confirm if we're going to be ill please? I honestly can't afford time off work
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You'll be fine
30 Comments
You'll be fine
Should be fine i have done this many times
Well if you wake up with food poisoning it's probably this, if u wake up fine you'll be ok. Unless you go get your stomach pumped immediately I'm not sure what you want to know.
HutchAW6 m ago

You'll be fine

I really hope so lol, thankyou
Bluecat7865 m ago

Should be fine i have done this many times

Thankyou, I really hope so
Like Bluecat said, it's something people do all the time @Laurenjadee94 - as long as you've not waited something like a year between buying it/freezing it and eating it, you'll be fine
ibblackberry15 m ago

Well if you wake up with food poisoning it's probably this, if u wake up …Well if you wake up with food poisoning it's probably this, if u wake up fine you'll be ok. Unless you go get your stomach pumped immediately I'm not sure what you want to know.

I was wondering what the chances of me being ill were, I have work at 6am, and have to let them know 6 hours prior to shift if I can't make it. So from what people say I'm going to be fine so no need for me to contact work
I'd be more worried why you dropped from a size 16 to a 6 within a year for seemingly no reason - hotukdeals.com/dis…436- did you seek medical advice? If you did, what did they say?
My husband is a stickler for following instructions on food freezing, but I always ignore them.

I don't dare tell him I have done what the packet labels advise against, but so far we seem to be fine
tregs15 m ago

I'd be more worried why you dropped from a size 16 to a 6 within a year …I'd be more worried why you dropped from a size 16 to a 6 within a year for seemingly no reason - https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/abit-of-advice-needed-please-2851436- did you seek medical advice? If you did, what did they say?

I changed my doctor as my old one was rubbish, my new doctor said I have an over active thyroid I'm now on medication for that
Laurenjadee946 m ago

I changed my doctor as my old one was rubbish, my new doctor said I have …I changed my doctor as my old one was rubbish, my new doctor said I have an over active thyroid I'm now on medication for that

What medication did the Doctor give you for that massive size change?
You'll be fine, I do it all the time, as long as it was properly cooked you won' have a problem.
Nothing wrong with refreezing meat so long as it has been kept refrigerated in the first place. It may not be quite as tasty but it won't kill you. If it does make you ill, that would be due to the conditions it was kept in prior to it being frozen. Like mutters, I tend to ignore the freezing instructions and I am most certainly still alive.
Hi, You will be okay I'm sure, when you think you have had food poisoning from back street kebab shops etc it is actually a lot more likely to be Norovirus from being in a public place or because the food was prepared or handled by someone with the illness, but as we are I'll afterwards we quickly blame the food, as long as bacteria had not been allowed to grow on the food prior to freezing it will not be a problem.
tregs1 h, 4 m ago

What medication did the Doctor give you for that massive size change?

Abit personal do you not think
SOUTHWALES28 m ago

Hi, You will be okay I'm sure, when you think you have had food poisoning …Hi, You will be okay I'm sure, when you think you have had food poisoning from back street kebab shops etc it is actually a lot more likely to be Norovirus from being in a public place or because the food was prepared or handled by someone with the illness, but as we are I'll afterwards we quickly blame the food, as long as bacteria had not been allowed to grow on the food prior to freezing it will not be a problem.

Thankyou
Hello are you still alive
That’s don’t refeeze after cooking or thawing. If you brought it home from supermarket and froze it, then pulled it out and cooked it and ate it you’ll be fine.
If worst comes to the worst make sure your husband gets you some vipoo tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/295342380

Least it’ll keep the room fresh
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Jan
ding8 h, 2 m ago

Hello are you still alive

Morning, yes I'm still alive lol and at work
The U. S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) advises:

Once food is thawed in the refrigerator, it is safe to refreeze it without cooking, although there may be a loss of quality due to the moisture lost through thawing. After cooking raw foods which were previously frozen, it is safe to freeze the cooked foods. If previously cooked foods are thawed in the refrigerator, you may refreeze the unused portion. Freeze leftovers within 3-4 days. Do not refreeze any foods left outside the refrigerator longer than 2 hours; 1 hour in temperatures above 90 °F.
Laurenjadee942 h, 33 m ago

Morning, yes I'm still alive lol and at work

Thats great to hear, panic over, enjoy your day and dont be too harsh on your husband, your lucky he cooks
ding1 h, 41 m ago

Thats great to hear, panic over, enjoy your day and dont be too harsh on …Thats great to hear, panic over, enjoy your day and dont be too harsh on your husband, your lucky he cooks

Thankyou, you also . I finish earlier today so I'm treating him to a Chinese buffet (his favourite) for all his hassle yesterday
If you have eaten something off you will get sick within a couple of hours of eating it most likely.
spyro1231 h, 42 m ago

If you have eaten something off you will get sick within a couple of hours …If you have eaten something off you will get sick within a couple of hours of eating it most likely.

yes, as i sadly found out recently after a visit to our local chinese restaurant. within 2 hours, i puked everything back out
mutley148 m ago

yes, as i sadly found out recently after a visit to our local chinese …yes, as i sadly found out recently after a visit to our local chinese restaurant. within 2 hours, i puked everything back out

That's awful, I hope you rang the buffet and complained horrible people making you pay to get ill!
spyro12310 m ago

That's awful, I hope you rang the buffet and complained horrible people …That's awful, I hope you rang the buffet and complained horrible people making you pay to get ill!

no as i can not prove that it was their food that gave me food poisoning, but needless to say, we won't be going there again.
mutley114 m ago

no as i can not prove that it was their food that gave me food poisoning, …no as i can not prove that it was their food that gave me food poisoning, but needless to say, we won't be going there again.

No I wouldn't either, tbh I've never been to a Chinese buffet before I darent lol
spyro12319 m ago

No I wouldn't either, tbh I've never been to a Chinese buffet before I … No I wouldn't either, tbh I've never been to a Chinese buffet before I darent lol

It wasnt a buffet. It was a restaurant, and we have been there several times before without any issue so this was the first time that i have been sick after eating there. My husband had the same meal as me but he was fine, so it does put doubt in my mind if it was indeed the chinese food that made me sick, or something else that i ate.

However, it was a bit of a coincidence that i felt ill after the meal and puked within a few hours
Well u might get I'll from the worries and suspense. Was it cooked properly and did it taste normal if it did should not be a problem if it tasted bit different than normal then maybe it's a issue or it was undercooked
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants