Groups

Cooking settings for a sweet potato in the oven?

About to whack a big sweet potato in the oven but what number do I put it on for and how long? Cheers.

4 Comments

id put it in the microwave in a bowl with a slice or 2 of lemon, for 10 -15 mins on high, then take it out and grill it for 4 mins or until crispy on top. Seen Jamie Oliver do it, tried it, lovely!

Original Poster

wonkey

id put it in the microwave in a bowl with a slice or 2 of lemon, for 10 … id put it in the microwave in a bowl with a slice or 2 of lemon, for 10 -15 mins on high, then take it out and grill it for 4 mins or until crispy on top. Seen Jamie Oliver do it, tried it, lovely!

Ahh I'd love to do that only the microwave isn't working!

Banned

10-15 mins! Only if its a 500g spud.

5 mins in mickey to get the inner cooked / cooking

smother in butter and 20 mins on gas mark 7 for 10 mins or just fry it a pan turning every minute

Banned

Pauladin91

Ahh I'd love to do that only the microwave isn't working!

best get one now as it will pay for itself in months!

cook for 90-120 minutes in the oven on GM5

costs a bomb to cook a spud like this, especially for one lol

thx to Jamie

POTATOES
    • 1 medium potato
    • 2 sweet potatoes
    ½ a lemon
    • 1 fresh red chilli
    • a bunch of fresh coriander
    • 50g feta cheese

POTATOES Wash the potato and sweet potatoes and halve lengthways. Put them into a large microwave-safe bowl with ½ a lemon. Cover with clingfilm and put into the microwave on full power for 15 minutes.

POTATOES Finely chop the red chilli and most of the coriander on a board, mixing as you go. Add the feta and keep chopping and mixing.

POTATOES Check the potatoes are cooked through, then use tongs to squeeze over the cooked lemon. Add the coriander mixture from the chopping board and mix everything together. Season, then take to the table.

BLOODY FANTASTIC!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1326
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1430
      3. Toys R Us Warning....2023
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767104

See more discussions