Expired

Cookworks

Found 31st May 2011
Just a quick query as my oven door exploded and have been trying to contact Cookworks helpline.

I have been informed by argos that Cookworks is no longer trading. They are also no longer stocking Cookworks items.

Has there been a post about this and I missed it or is it a relatively new thing ?
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
If you bought the item recently, your complaint is against the trader - i.e Argos, irrespective of whether they stock them anymore.
I think that is BS...there are loads of Cookworks stuff on their website and I ve just even reserved an item.
Wow I hope nobody was near it when it blew up oO
Thanks Moob Trading Standards have advised the same.

I was about 3 feet away however it was the inside door and luckily most of it went on the floor and in my toad in the hole lol.
I'm surprised at Argos not sorting you out considering an oven door blew up, shocking really.
How old is the oven?
15 months so just out of warranty
Argos won't want to know then, try here for a replacement door.
partmaster.co.uk/cgi…rks
Will the SOGA not come in to play here? 15 months is not old for an oven.
Thanks Goonie but glass is in all of hinges etc so gonna buy a new one.

Lovehearts Trading Standards said use the SOGA in all correspondence.

i am going to get an engineers report done so hopefully will recoup some of the costs.
You could try to argue the 2 year EU law with Argos. EU legislation states should work for 2 years.

EU Directive (1999/44/EC) states that "a two-year guarantee applies for the sale of all consumer goods everywhere in the EU. In some countries, this may be more, and some manufacturers also choose to offer a longer warranty period."

May or may not help as works for some people and not others and I dunno what you can do if they refuse (ie who you have to speak to).

Edited by: "CyDoNiA" 31st May 2011
CyDoNiA

You could try to argue the 2 year EU law with Argos. EU legislation … You could try to argue the 2 year EU law with Argos. EU legislation states should work for 2 years.

I tried that and they state they dont recognise it. Shocking really.
Most retailers won't admit to it which I think which is a bit dodgy.

Never had to try to use it so dunno how successful any attempt will be. Gotta be worth a shot though.
Update ... managed to get hold of a really helpful manager at Argos, they are now sending out an engineer at their own cost.

Obviously if it is a manufacturing fault we will get a refund. I will let you know at a later date.

So I am well pleased with that and thank god for Mark at Argos.
I was about to say if you get not joy go and contact Raw Deal from the Sunday Post. I am sure they would love to take up a case about an exploding oven door, would be great for their paper and they tend to get results and fast!
You mean you haven't seen the epic 27 page thread on cookworks demise?
dimebars

You mean you haven't seen the epic 27 page thread on cookworks demise?

No are you being serious ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants