Copper bath

Posted 3rd Jul
Hi,

Anyone on here have a copper bath, I really want one but am apprehensive as I have heard stories they’re hard to clean.

Ideally I want black outside copper inside but copper potentially being a nightmare to clean

Alternatively a nickel coated interior as I think this is a little more robust

Or play it safe and get an enamelled inside copper outside bath
3498350-RYbEx.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Copper oxidises - look at how quickly a length of new copper pipe goes dull.

The other point is that copper is a good heat conductor so your bath will get cold faster - the best heatsinks are copper.

Frankly copper is a fashion choice rather than a practical option.
11 Comments
41280285-ctZ5z.jpg
Copper oxidises - look at how quickly a length of new copper pipe goes dull.

The other point is that copper is a good heat conductor so your bath will get cold faster - the best heatsinks are copper.

Frankly copper is a fashion choice rather than a practical option.
Are you making Gin?
The bath is because we like the look of it, practically I could just put a acrylic bath in for a couple hundred quid.
Copper baths are nice but a pain, can’t use any bath salts, got to be careful what bath bubbles you use, have to clean and dry the bath straight away after each use. If you don’t mind high maintenance then go for it
Any good for dissolving bodies in, asking for a friend
I’m more and more swaying to the enamelled inside for them reasons. I think I can manage to keep the outside polished / waxed
richp03/07/2020 10:10

Any good for dissolving bodies in, asking for a friend

no you want acrylic for that
richp03/07/2020 10:14

Ah a professional I see

lol no, but do watch the scene in Breaking Bad it's disturbingly funny.
jaks10103/07/2020 10:12

I’m more and more swaying to the enamelled inside for them reasons. I t …I’m more and more swaying to the enamelled inside for them reasons. I think I can manage to keep the outside polished / waxed

Wouldn't an enamelled copper bath be a bad idea, because copper is quite soft and if it gets a ding the enamel coating will flake off. Or is it actually copper plated steel?
Edited by: "melted" 3rd Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text