Copper pipe outside has burst - need help !!

There isnt a massive amount of water leaking from the pipe but its making a lot of noise.
There is a copper pipe which has burst. It's easily accessible but I am not sure what to do. There is no valve to stop the water from flowing. Can anyone please help ?

Thanks

12 Comments

Call a plumber

some Duct Tape

There should be a cut off valve outside your house on the pavement - but then you will have no water at all!

You sure this is a water pipe?

hi

if there is no stop value you can try freezing the pipe (i am pretty sure the kits are avalible from hire shops etc)

get a couple of push fit fittings and a small lenght of pipe cut and insert

you could repair it while its leaking even , guides online just google

Have you noticed that this sort of thing always happens at the most inconvienent time!

can you be a little more descriptive as to what this pipe is for? is it a 15mm or 22mm or bigger/smaller? :?

just to let you know that i have over 20 years of repairs and maintaince!

as a temp repair you could cut a lenght of hose pipe and clamp it up with some jubilee clips/cable ties etc until you can sort it

john77;3947340

as a temp repair you could cut a lenght of hose pipe and clamp it up with … as a temp repair you could cut a lenght of hose pipe and clamp it up with some jubilee clips/cable ties etc until you can sort it

This will work! good one john:thumbsup:

mikebike;3947361

This will work! good one john:thumbsup:

I know i have used it myself (stayed on for 3 months !!!):whistling:

john77;3947340

as a temp repair you could cut a lenght of hose pipe and clamp it up with … as a temp repair you could cut a lenght of hose pipe and clamp it up with some jubilee clips/cable ties etc until you can sort it

just in case of confusion i mean cut a piece of pipe lenght ways and use it as a sleeve not a bit of pipe :oops:

clamp it around the bit of pipe that is leaking:-D

you may have figured that but just in case:p

Original Poster

ttsese;3947189

some Duct Tape

moob;3947250

There should be a cut off valve outside your house on the pavement - but … There should be a cut off valve outside your house on the pavement - but then you will have no water at all!You sure this is a water pipe?

john77;3947340

Excellent advice.
Duct tape also was a good one

Managed to temporarily fix this by finding stop valve and shutting off supply. means we cant use the downstairs bathroom now but I will cut the pipe tomorrow and fix a stop cock at the end

many thanks for all your help !!

Happy holidays
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763946
    2. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2036
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846082
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2450

See more discussions