Found 2nd Nov 2009
hey, i got a DVD which works perfectly fine, its got a few video case-studies on it.

problem is that i dont know how to run it off my hard-drive since i need to give the DVD back.

i tried copying and pasting it but windows media player wont even recognise it.

theres one folder called "audio TS" which is empty and another folder called "video TS" which has the following format files:

PUB
IFO
VOB

theres 4 of each.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

13 Comments

Download DVD Shrink. Very straightforward to use.

Reddwarfposse5;6757284

Download DVD Shrink. Very straightforward to use.

^^ this! +1 great piece of kit :thumbsup:

can't you just copy the dvd?

deek72;6757341

No, most are copy protected.

DVD Fab is a good one for ripping, the one you want.

DVD Shrink is used to "shirnk" the DVD so it will fint on to a disc when you burn it.

If you have already copied all of the files to your hard drive you should be able to play them using windows media player

If you start windows media player then go to file - open

Then where it says files of type in the drop down menu select "any file"

Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder where you saved the DVD and select the first IFO file

It should play

If no CSS e.g no encryption then create folder call video_ts and drag all files from DVD across in explorer. Use ImgBurn build mode to create DVD or ImgBurn pop dvd in reader then use read ISO mode then write ISO with a blank in your writer. If it is encrypted use dvddecrypter to read ISO / write ISO providing thsi is a single layer dvd .[dvd-5]

Reading the disc to ISO will if you want allow you to virtually mount it with daemon tools for example and will allow you to play it from your hard drive as if it's playing a disc in a dvd player.

Kermit2004;6757386

No, most are copy protected.DVD Fab is a good one for ripping, the one … No, most are copy protected.DVD Fab is a good one for ripping, the one you want.DVD Shrink is used to "shirnk" the DVD so it will fint on to a disc when you burn it.

Use magic dvd copier it will let you back it up even if it it copy protected

All you do is load your dvd put the setting to dvd5 and then hit go, when it's done just put a blank in and away you go.

Original Poster

QuidProQuo;6757459

If you have already copied all of the files to your hard drive you should … If you have already copied all of the files to your hard drive you should be able to play them using windows media playerIf you start windows media player then go to file - openThen where it says files of type in the drop down menu select "any file"Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder where you saved the DVD and select the first IFO fileIt should play

omfg!!!!

your a genius!!!

i wasted my time download all that software ect and all it did was copy the video TS files which i already did my self.

i didnt even realise the file menu........had to right click

thanks man!!!!

Original Poster

deek72;6757341

yh i did copy and paste it but i couldnt get it to run until someone pointed out i had to go on media player > file > open.

hehehehehe forgot the basics :whistling:

fps_d0minat0r;6757506

omfg!!!!your a genius!!!i wasted my time download all that software ect … omfg!!!!your a genius!!!i wasted my time download all that software ect and all it did was copy the video TS files which i already did my self.i didnt even realise the file menu........had to right click :pthanks man!!!!

No problem, I guessed it wasn't encrypted if its just case studies

Original Poster

QuidProQuo;6757596

No problem, I guessed it wasn't encrypted if its just case studies

ok dont show off smarty pants.

lol joking :-D

btw i repped u.

Good info.

hi if u havent figured out yet thn try to download clone dvd which allows u to copy to hard disc then use vlc player to watch it .....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75855
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions