Groups

copy from touch to laptop

Im looking for a free utility that will allow me to copy photos and music from my ipod touch to my new laptop. I tried idump, but it doesnt work with a touch!

16 Comments

Have you tried "explore" via windows? That's what i ended up doing with an iphone when nothing else seemed to work. The music is there and you can see it's music in windows but the filenames won't make sense, easy sorted with itunes again:thumbsup:

Original Poster

jtx;6577826

Have you tried "explore" via windows? That's what i ended up doing with … Have you tried "explore" via windows? That's what i ended up doing with an iphone when nothing else seemed to work. The music is there and you can see it's music in windows but the filenames won't make sense, easy sorted with itunes again:thumbsup:

the porter;6577833

Try winamp

i'll try both

Original Poster

jtx;6577826

Have you tried "explore" via windows? That's what i ended up doing with … Have you tried "explore" via windows? That's what i ended up doing with an iphone when nothing else seemed to work. The music is there and you can see it's music in windows but the filenames won't make sense, easy sorted with itunes again:thumbsup:

not working. just shows the touch as an empty drive of the space i havent used

Original Poster

arrrgh even winamp i can get it to do it

shanecr;6577908

not working. just shows the touch as an empty drive of the space i havent … not working. just shows the touch as an empty drive of the space i havent used

Can you get into the ipod when you right click it to explore? There should be quite a few folders

Original Poster

jtx;6578500

Can you get into the ipod when you right click it to explore? There … Can you get into the ipod when you right click it to explore? There should be quite a few folders

shows it as a 6.5gb drive (its a 16gb touch) and its empty, its as if the used space is locked somehow

I downloaded ]tansee to try and get my music off but it restricted me to 10 tracks, once I'd tried that however I was able to explore the iphone via windows.

Try it?

hotukdeals.com/ite…614

have a look at that thread.

The itouch is a swine to get working with the apps as they are not compatible, there might be something now but a couple of weeks ago the apps that claimed to work did not

copytrans.net/

Try this, used to be called CopyPod, says it works with all versions of I-Pods. I've used it on my first generation Touch running firmware 2.2

Original Poster

jtx;6578551

I downloaded ]tansee to try and get my music off but it restricted me to … I downloaded ]tansee to try and get my music off but it restricted me to 10 tracks, once I'd tried that however I was able to explore the iphone via windows.Try it?

still nothing

dontasciime;6578624

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/493614/itunes-iphone-sync-help-pleeeeeease?t=493614have a look at that thread.The itouch is a swine to get working with the apps as they are not compatible, there might be something now but a couple of weeks ago the apps that claimed to work did not

i'll check it out

pugw$sh;6578779

http://www.copytrans.net/Try this, used to be called CopyPod, says it … http://www.copytrans.net/Try this, used to be called CopyPod, says it works with all versions of I-Pods. I've used it on my first generation Touch running firmware 2.2

rather not pay for it tbh

Are you on vista or W7?

I just tried it again on W7 and i get exactly what you describe but it worked on my xp laptop.

Original Poster

jtx;6578980

Are you on vista or W7?I just tried it again on W7 and i get exactly what … Are you on vista or W7?I just tried it again on W7 and i get exactly what you describe but it worked on my xp laptop.

im on vista just now. though i found something called iphonebrowser which seems to be working! it at least enabled me to browse the folders, ive asked it to back them up, so just waiting now.

Original Poster

Well i give up on this. i have copied my photo files, but i cant see any way of restoring them to be viewed on my laptop.

Try it on xp?

Original Poster

jtx;6590213

Try it on xp?

same

shanecr;6589537

Well i give up on this. i have copied my photo files, but i cant see any … Well i give up on this. i have copied my photo files, but i cant see any way of restoring them to be viewed on my laptop.

You have a copy of the photos from the ipod touch but you can't view them on laptop ? that cannot be what you mean ?. I can see word restoring to laptop not sure what that means to you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45

See more discussions