Copycat brands - eg, aftershaves

Posted 8th Aug 2019
Anyone know of any good copycat brands?

I've got an eau de toilette spray from Poundland called 313 74K that is apparently a copycat of a big brand (can't remember what now).

I've heard that Poundland have one called It'sMySake (Issy Miyake) And I've read it's good.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Yes, if you want decent copies try Armaf, Zara , Verset or copycatfragrances ...low end try Milton Lloyd
Sc4mp008/08/2019 09:42

A couple threads about this, feel free to add there as I think it's a …A couple threads about this, feel free to add there as I think it's a topic a lot of people are interested. In. https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/share-a-alternative-fragrance-you-have-bought-3229352https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/mens-eau-de-toilette-3256316

Fantastic. Thanks for that. Yes, I think many people are interested as the originals are so expensive.
DazLFC08/08/2019 09:44

Yes, if you want decent copies try Armaf, Zara , Verset or …Yes, if you want decent copies try Armaf, Zara , Verset or copycatfragrances ...low end try Milton Lloyd

Great, thanks.
I'll imagine the 313 is a copy of 212, no sure which. I like all the 212's so I'll need to give this a bash, assuming it's for men
STRICKIBHOY08/08/2019 11:21

I'll imagine the 313 is a copy of 212, no sure which. I like all the 212's …I'll imagine the 313 is a copy of 212, no sure which. I like all the 212's so I'll need to give this a bash, assuming it's for men

Yes, it's a men's fragrance. I think you're right there. Looking at the packaging with the block capitals, it's almost identical to the 212MENNYC.
My experience with these folks has been good. I ordered the sample pack initially. Got a 25% voucher after that which, after 2 days, became a 30% voucher. Free shipping on all orders. Really liked their version of Aventus and Tobacco Vanille.
My favourite fragrances are:

Hai Judo, Blue Stratosphere and Brutus 22
bozo00708/08/2019 13:29

My experience with these folks has been good. I ordered the sample pack …My experience with these folks has been good. I ordered the sample pack initially. Got a 25% voucher after that which, after 2 days, became a 30% voucher. Free shipping on all orders. Really liked their version of Aventus and Tobacco Vanille.

Have you tried the spice bomb one??
Lidl does some good copies - all I've tried have been great. Can't speak for Aldi's offerings (men's scents here - though it's quite an old link, don't think they got the raves the Lidl options did) as they tend to be sold out by the time I hear of them (though I've got an Anna Biondi La Bella Vita EDP at the bottom of my desk here, use it when travelling. It's very similar to La Vie Est Belle but doesn't quite have the sweetness - veers more on the florally side).

Aura (womens' scents) and Essence (for men) listed here - think these are in Lidl pretty regularly now, like the two below?

There's G Bellini No 1 (1 Million copy) 50ml/EDT

X-Bolt, 50ml/EDT which I think everyone knows by now (Boss Bottled) which came out before all of these. Both X-Bolt and No 1 are usually £3.99, but half price around special occasions sometimes.

Smell-a-likes is a good quick reference if you see a scent you like and need feedback smell-a-likes.com/

Only tried the Lady Million copy from Milton Lloyd, and I did a Deal for the Creed Aventus copy - "Perfumer's Choice No9 Victor". The maddening thing about ML spray cans is that they come in aerosol sprayers (like deodorants) and you use far more than you'd like! A review for that one is on smell-a-likes too, halfway-down. There's loads of Aventus copies, though. Armaf Club De Nuit Intense is the one I see mentioned the most.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 10th Aug 2019
If you're going really cheap-cheap (though I buy these for boyf as body sprays) - the Poundland offerings aren't bad. I'm assuming they're "made for Poundland" as the address on the packaging suggests so. I think the Jape (Joop! Homme) isn't great, though, it has a sour, aniseed-y smell that doesn't match the cherrybomb of the original.

My comment from here

Wish I'd taken a picture now, I often do on my travels around Poundland(s).

The Joop! Homme copy is Jape, and comes in a similar reddy-coloured box. (ebay picture)The Invictus is Iconique, got the King In Million too. Can't offer feedback, as boyf isn't here!The Cool Water dupe is Aqua Chill (another ebay photo). I'm pretty sure there's another variety of this Aqua Chill, will edit next time I'm in a Poundland.As they all use the same font for the "eau de toilette spray for men" blurb, they must be the same manufacturer. The company is called For You! with a Birmingham address, though made in India.

From looking at the address given and PO Box number, seems to be a Poundland-brand.
rmweb.co.uk/com…at/
louiselouise10/08/2019 11:50

If you're going really cheap-cheap (though I buy these for boyf as body …If you're going really cheap-cheap (though I buy these for boyf as body sprays) - the Poundland offerings aren't bad. I'm assuming they're "made for Poundland" as the address on the packaging suggests so. I think the Jape (Joop! Homme) isn't great, though, it has a sour, aniseed-y smell that doesn't match the cherrybomb of the original.My comment from hereWish I'd taken a picture now, I often do on my travels around Poundland(s).The Joop! Homme copy is Jape, and comes in a similar reddy-coloured box. (ebay picture)[Image] The Invictus is Iconique, got the King In Million too. Can't offer feedback, as boyf isn't here![Image] The Cool Water dupe is Aqua Chill (another ebay photo). I'm pretty sure there's another variety of this Aqua Chill, will edit next time I'm in a Poundland.[Image] As they all use the same font for the "eau de toilette spray for men" blurb, they must be the same manufacturer. The company is called For You! with a Birmingham address, though made in India.From looking at the address given and PO Box number, seems to be a Poundland-brand. rmweb.co.uk/com…at/

Many thanks for those really helpful posts. A great guide to what's out there. That website link is very handy too.
randomdeal10/08/2019 12:57

Many thanks for those really helpful posts. A great guide to what's out …Many thanks for those really helpful posts. A great guide to what's out there. That website link is very handy too.

I added another link to the Aldi Mens' scents above, (though it's a bit old). That's just the tip of the iceberg with copies.

There's a huge thread on MSE that talks about perfume parlour (fragrance oils) but it's so complimentary and so focussed on that seller it makes me wonder - that thread needs a bit more variety - I lost interest after a while. Never bought from them, btw.

Another more generalised thread here, though you'd have to wade through it all. Not updated much and quite old, but there's a new-ish post here with a long list of copies.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 10th Aug 2019
louiselouise10/08/2019 13:10

I added another link to the Aldi Mens' scents above, (though it's a bit …I added another link to the Aldi Mens' scents above, (though it's a bit old). That's just the tip of the iceberg with copies.There's a huge thread on MSE that talks about perfume parlour (fragrance oils) but it's so complimentary and so focussed on that seller it makes me wonder - that thread needs a bit more variety - I lost interest after a while. Never bought from them, btw.Another more generalised thread here, though you'd have to wade through it all. Not updated much and quite old, but there's a new-ish post here with a long list of copies.

Fantastic. Many thanks for that. Yes, there's always new ones coming out and each one can sell out quickly or be in short/limited supply so it's useful to hear about them and keep track of them.
deleted1279550
Any Jean Paul copies
I recommend copycat fragrances, really good copies
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants